+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long between the test and the ceremony/oath? (Kitchener Office)

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
unison2k1 said:
Dont worry mikeathome, you should be getting your Oath letter soon... We all will be taking Oath on Canada day!!!!!! Cheer up....
Nope...

New information: according to CIC help line it can now take up-to 6 months until you get notice after the test. We are among the unlucky ones who haven't been given test results right after the test. We wrote test early March and been told last week to call back in September for the test results...

So much about speeding up the process!

mike

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Do you guys notice any lag between the mail and the status online?! Can they send you a letter without any update online?!

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
egyo said:
Do you guys notice any lag between the mail and the status online?! Can they send you a letter without any update online?!
They can and it sometimes happens that's why I called. The call agent has your actual file status which includes all information, written and eCase etc...

mike

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
@ mikeathome "The call agent has your actual file status which includes all information, written and eCase etc..." I doubt this...they have limited access to the file...for example they told me that a letter has been sent to me a month ago which I haven't received at all...however, they failed to tell me about the content of the letter and to give me an explanation on what to do if I haven't received the letter...Is there a direct number to Kitchener office where you can make check on the status of your file?! Thanks!
"

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
egyo said:
@ mikeathome "The call agent has your actual file status which includes all information, written and eCase etc..." I doubt this...they have limited access to the file...for example they told me that a letter has been sent to me a month ago which I haven't received at all...however, they failed to tell me about the content of the letter and to give me an explanation on what to do if I haven't received the letter...Is there a direct number to Kitchener office where you can make check on the status of your file?! Thanks!
"
I still believe they have full access (people reported being told the test scores!). It is a matter of who sits in front of the terminal. We are all humans; some are better, some are lazy, some are ingenious and even helpful (latter one is the minority, unfortunately).

mike

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
I agree...it all depends on your luck of having a helpful knowledgeable one. Someone in the forum talked about the possibility to ask to talk to "customer representative"?!! But when i asked they denied this option and said the call agent is the only available option to check on your status...anyone with different experience?!

BC guy

Jul 8, 2014
My time line

Kitchener Office
Applied for citizenship in June 03,2013
In process status starts Aug 28,2013
Wrote the test On May 27,2013
Still waiting for Oath......(29 business days as of July 08,2014)

Note: I was told for oath to be held within 60 business days. Lets see... :)

Saloo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
BC guy said:
My time line

Kitchener Office
Applied for citizenship in June 03,2013
In process status starts Aug 28,2013
Wrote the test On May 27,2013
Still waiting for Oath......(29 business days as of July 08,2014)

Note: I was told for oath to be held within 60 business days. Lets see... :)
Any news BC guy about your oath , one more question are from Kitchener BC or Ontario you nick name confuse me ;)

saeedyou

Aug 11, 2014
Saloo said:
Any news BC guy about your oath , one more question are from Kitchener BC or Ontario you nick name confuse me ;)
Waiting for my oath :(
Timeline:
Applied: dec 2011
RQ sent: aug 2012
Notice to appear for test: may 2014
Test : june 2014
Oath: still waiting and its really frustrating

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All! Those of you who had the oath at the Kitchener office this year, please share your timeline test-oath letter-oath date! Thanks! :)