+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long after sending application to Sydney, NS? Help Leon and others!!!!

MarceloS

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
How guys. I sent my application to Sydney, NS today under the new FSW regulations. My occupation is on the list of 38. How long do you think it should take them to request the supported documents with the new process?

Thank you.

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Hi,

It depends from which Country you have applied.

Thanks..

sscanada

May 15, 2009
I am in canada as an international student and sent my application under FSW to Sydney on March 20 , and they have taken the fee amount form bank on March 29, but I have not yet received any letter from them? Has anyone applied during this same period? How much more should I wait or what shall I do?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
Hi guys,

Add me in the same situation, I sent my applicayion from Toronto to NS on 13th of April but Still no reply from there.
I am eligible in Cat. 2 and 3 both. One of my friends sent appplication with me under 38 list and he got reply yesterday.
I have no idea how long more it would take ............... Please share if any one has the same time line ............

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
HI,

Anyone got any idea how long does NS office take to reply if u apply from within Canada?
I applied on 13th April and file was received by NS on 17th April, but still no reply.........
Anyone with Almost same time line?????

Reply would be highly appreciated.

mihir101

May 17, 2009
Re: How long after sending application to Sydney

hi i am from india and i had put up my pr file in skilled worker class also my brother is sponering me i had put up my file on 21 may 2008 and last month my online status was showing that my file has been tansfered to nova scotia sydney and now it shows that we recieved ur file i dont know what does it mean weather i will get call from their side or it will be refusal my noc code is not in 38 catagory but my brother has provided sponcership letter so can u help me what is going on

samv18

Jun 29, 2008
Hello, I am on the same boat.

My application was received at NS on 23 april, still I am waiting for reply, Does anyone hav ideas how much time its take to get reply from them if I have sent it from USA? Or by any chance can we enquire regarding our application?

sscanada

May 15, 2009
It is now 2 months since I applied from toronto under FSW to Sydney, no reply yet. What should I do, please help.

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
sscanada,

I have not seen any International student getting reply from CIU yet . I guess if u are under 38 list they responding within 4-5 weeks according to this forum but if u are Int. student like me then go to hell they do not care U and don't need U. I am pretty much sure that they have different timeline for Int.students. let's see................what gona happen......

kyu010170

May 27, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2009 Nova Scotia
Doc's Request.
27-05-2009 NS AOR
AOR Received.
9-06-2009 Buffalo AOR
File Transfer...
Remained in Buffalo
Med's Request
26-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010
bravoo said:
sscanada,

I have not seen any International student getting reply from CIU yet . I guess if u are under 38 list they responding within 4-5 weeks according to this forum but if u are Int. student like me then go to hell they do not care U and don't need U. I am pretty much sure that they have different timeline for Int.students. let's see................what gona happen......
Yes, I also noticed that there were no responses from Sydney CIO to international students in the last several weeks. I am a student in Canada and I submitted my application to Sydney CIO on 4/15/09. I was prepared to wait a few weeks more.

Lo and behold! At exactly 12:59pm today, an email from CIC popped up indicating that I my application has been recommended for further processing. It also gave me my file number. I guess the physical letter will come by mail next week.

Others who applied at around the time I applied (4/15/09) should be receiving theirs soon. Good luck to all!