+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long after arriving to Canada as a refugee can you travel outside and how long can you stay out?

Justtt

Oct 10, 2017
How long after arriving to Canada as a refugee can you travel outside and how long can you stay outside of Canada after traveling????

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You would need to apply for a travel document before you could leave. And that would likely be dependent on getting your refugee claim approved. You can't travel on your home country passport once you apply as a refugee, nor can you travel to your home country.

Justtt

Oct 10, 2017
You would need to apply for a travel document before you could leave. And that would likely be dependent on getting your refugee claim approved. You can't travel on your home country passport once you apply as a refugee, nor can you travel to your home country.
It’s not a claim if I think you mean what you mean. The application is that for a refugee from the very start “overseas”.

cavad

Jul 31, 2017
If i am not mistaken you need 6 month after ariving to canada.because you will need a guaranteer which should know you for min 6 months when you want to get RTD. How long u can stay it is also interesting for me