+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Lond does it take for spousal sponsorship to go through?

Almagaff

Aug 24, 2014
Hey Folks,

I'm Just curious as to how long this process takes from start to finish and is it possible to do the application yourself (easy or difficult). I'd be applying from Ireland.

Thanks

Alma

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
The current first stage processing take 61 days give or take couple of days extra.

Then it gets processed at the visa office, I couldn't find Ireland's processing time I could presume it gets rerouted some where else.

And we found it simple to fill the forms, check your country specific documents and the detail guide.

Just start gathering your relationship proof, marriage certificate, police clearance first since we found that took the longest.

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Almagaff said:
Hey Folks,

I'm Just curious as to how long this process takes from start to finish and is it possible to do the application yourself (easy or difficult). I'd be applying from Ireland.

Thanks

Alma
Your visa office would be London, unless they send it to Ottawa. In either case, you would probably get your PR faster than most (rough guess - 6 to 9 months? I think some get it earlier than that too.) London is one of the quickest visa offices, and Ottawa is also usually fast, because generally they send easy no-problem cases to Ottawa. You can look for threads on this forum for those visa offices, and people there will be able to tell you what kind of timeline they have, and what you can expect.

You don't need a lawyer to do the application - the lawyer would be good only as an extra pair of eyes to make sure you didn't leave out any signatures or something basic like that. All the rest of it - the documents and the things you write in the application - the lawyer cannot do, because you have to do it yourself. A lawyer would be useful only if you have some major issues that you need legal advice on, such as criminal history. This forum is also an excellent place to ask questions if you have any. The collective knowledge of the forum members often is better than a lawyer's.