+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I inform CIC of new credit Card info?

dandin

Jun 7, 2013
I recently had fraudulant activity on my credit card and had to cancel it. I'll receive my new card within the next week. In the meantime I had submitted my application for PR at the end of June so still no AOR. I now hope my old credit card is not charged. How do I go about sending the payment form with my new credit card info once I get the card?

If things could get any more stressful then I'd like to know how because I don't think they ever could.

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
dandin said:
I recently had fraudulant activity on my credit card and had to cancel it. I'll receive my new card within the next week. In the meantime I had submitted my application for PR at the end of June so still no AOR. I now hope my old credit card is not charged. How do I go about sending the payment form with my new credit card info once I get the card?

If things could get any more stressful then I'd like to know how because I don't think they ever could.
Most probably they are going to send your application package back. I don't think they will keep track of your letter with new CC because so far you don't have file number with which they can locate your file.
Due to this reason they have option for online payment.
Read this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fee-payment-2-options-which-is-better-t154685.0.html

sherych

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott-Pilot Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Sorry to hear that, I was in the same situation.
Even mailed them new card info and explanation, but my application package was returned, so don't waste time and money sending letters to CIC, they will not have time to match your letter to an application which is not in their system yet. Just be prepared to resubmit once the application comes back, and then maybe use the online payment option instead to avoid this situation.
wishing you strength to overcome this minor bump on the road, and good luck.

dandin said:
Thanks for your help. I can't believe this is happening.

dandin

Jun 7, 2013
Thank you for the support. Will I need to fill out new forms or can I just send back my application as it is?

sherych

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott-Pilot Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Hey there, as I told you I was in the same situation. When the my application came back the forms were already marked by an agent, so I decide to print them out again. But you can also resubmit them and include an explanation letter, explaining why the forms are marked (if they will be), stating that application was returned due to CC fraud and payment not going through. Basically it's your choice. I think it's safer to re-print the forms.
good luck! and don't be disheartened by this little delay.

dandin said:
Has anyone else on here faced this issue before?

dandin

Jun 7, 2013
Thanks. So no ones thinks I'll be able to send an updated payment form and hope they attach it to my file before they actually get around to checking it for completeness and sending the AOR?

beasty.boy

Jun 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2013
AOR Received.
Apr-2013
CC payment is usually taken on the 6th week since your application was received. If it is less than 5 weeks since you applied, you can try calling them & explaining. Otherwise, better to wait for it to be returned & send it again. This is a minor setback. Don't be too worried & lose sleep over this. All the best.

dandin

Jun 7, 2013
My application was received and signed for on the 21st of June so it's barely 3 weeks ago. I'll have my new credit card around Tuesday next week. Would it be best to call the help line or is there perhaps a way of contacting someone in NS where our files are initially sent to???

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The issue is that the applications will sit until they are opened. When they are opened, the VO does the completeness check which includes payment... It's only after the completeness check has been completed that your application will be entered onto the system and given the new file number. As your card details are going to be declined, chances are your application is going to be returned.

Note to everyone: This is the exact reason why everyone should now be using their CC to make online payments - it's the easiest and safest way of doing it!!!!

The e-mail on my AOR is Centralized-Intake-Office@cic.gc.ca, but I don't know if this will work. You could try e-mailing the completed form to them, but their is no guarantee it will be accepted or make any difference at this point.

Good luck either way.

dandin

Jun 7, 2013
Finally got my new credit card. I paid my fees online and sent the receipt along with a letter of explanation to CIC in Sydney, NS.
I truly hope they locate my application and attach my payment to it and therfore avoid having it sent back to me and losing close to 3 months of time. I'm sure it can be done, if they try.

solin

Dec 19, 2013
Hello Dandin,

unfortunately I had the same thing happen with my credit card and I was wondering what ended up happening in your case. Did CIC send your application back or were you able to reach them with your explanation letter?

Thanks!
Solin