+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How CIC calculate your work experience hours?

soh3il

Jun 11, 2012
How do they exactly come up to see if you meet the requirement?
T4 does not contain hours. reference from your employer is enough?

I read somewhere they divide your salary on T4 to come up with hours? what if most of my salary will be effective on my 2012 T4 which I don't have?

I have worked for long time, I have a problem proving that. cause for 5 months, I didn't get paid and I don't have T4 for it. company will pay me that money later but I don't have T4 for those months.

P.s: Am I able to call Canada Revenue Agency or Human resources to see how many hours has been recorded for me ?

shad86

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
Probably, from my view is that you will have problems with those 5 months. Rather than worry about your hours worked, I would suggest you to think in those 5 months.
According to what I've reading if it wasn't paid , it means it wasn't worked. Kinda holidays, if you took vacations and those wasn't paid is days that doesn't count in your time.

regards

treznor

Nov 2, 2012
soh3il said:
How do they exactly come up to see if you meet the requirement?
T4 does not contain hours. reference from your employer is enough?

I read somewhere they divide your salary on T4 to come up with hours? what if most of my salary will be effective on my 2012 T4 which I don't have?

I have worked for long time, I have a problem proving that. cause for 5 months, I didn't get paid and I don't have T4 for it. company will pay me that money later but I don't have T4 for those months.

P.s: Am I able to call Canada Revenue Agency or Human resources to see how many hours has been recorded for me ?

You have to understand that this guys work by the book. If you dont have paystubs , didnt get paid or got paid in cash only they will not consider those hours. My suggestion is keep working until you get above 3900 hours that can be PROVED with letters, t4s and ROEs. Just my suggestion. If your situation is tight contact a good immigration lawyer so you dont waste time and money with rejections. just my suggestion from personal experience.