+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I bring a maid or helper from India to Canada ?

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
How can I bring a maid or helper from India to Canada ? Kindly advice. My wife is expecting third child and we need some domestic help. Kindly advice.... Thanks

Reactions: Monika saini

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there is the live in caregiver program. However it will not be that simple there. Also count that it would be more expensive. (you would have to pay more than in India)
Alternative option is to hire somebody part time in Canada (again with a Canadian salary).

So maybe because of above most families do not have a household helper. Or if they have, then both parents are working.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Also you have to follow Canadian labour laws, set yourself up as an employer so you are contributing the appropriate taxes/benefits, pay minimum wage, etc. Expect it to cost around 35k a year to have a nanny in Canada.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Thanks guys. yes I need a domestic helper to help us to do all house hold works like cooking, cleaning and taking care of my kids and we are willing to pay the Canadian salary according to the law but would prefer a person from my community, so that we can have same food what we cook and my kids can learn my mother tongue...... Now we are hiring people within Canada for domestic help like cleaning and gardening work etc.....
NOTE: Want to follow the rules and regulations that's why its posted here, if i was looking for under the table I wouldn't have posted it here !!!!

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You still have options:
1. To find somebody from your region that is already in Canada and is willing to do such work. Just be aware, you can list conditions like knowledge of a specific language or knowledge to cook specific type of food. But you cannot request for specific nationality, sex or religion.
2. Second option would be a live in caregiver. In that case you need to inform yourself more about options and what are the obstacles to get one. Also be aware, that since the option for PR for this stream was scrapped (they would not have enough time to apply until 2019), and so far nothing viable was offered, that might impact the choice (it would be less appealing).

good luck