App. Filed.......
25-1-2016
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 17-03-2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
hi, guys, i am sponsoring my wife in Guangdong, china to Canada. Now we got AOR2. My wife is asking me if she needs to apply for the border pass to go to Hongkong (tongxing zheng) to pick up any documents?

I remember when i applied for my immigration over 10 years ago, i did have to go to Hongkong to pick up visa or something. Does she need to go to Hongkong to pick up any documents if there is no interview required?

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
Jameslong said:
hi, guys, i am sponsoring my wife in Guangdong, china to Canada. Now we got AOR2. My wife is asking me if she needs to apply for the border pass to go to Hongkong (tongxing zheng) to pick up any documents?

I remember when i applied for my immigration over 10 years ago, i did have to go to Hongkong to pick up visa or something. Does she need to go to Hongkong to pick up any documents if there is no interview required?
She wouldn't need to go to Hong Kong unless at some point in the past she lived in Hong Kong for over 6 months so she'd need a police check from there, or for an interview. My wife, who lands this month, didn't need to and she is also from Guangdong. The visa and COPR at the end of the process will go to Beijing so hopefully she will have no need to cross the border to Hong Kong.

Jameslong

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-1-2016
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 17-03-2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
smoothsailing said:
She wouldn't need to go to Hong Kong unless at some point in the past she lived in Hong Kong for over 6 months so she'd need a police check from there, or for an interview. My wife, who lands this month, didn't need to and she is also from Guangdong. The visa and COPR at the end of the process will go to Beijing so hopefully she will have no need to cross the border to Hong Kong.
Awesome. thanks for the information. So she will need to go to Beijing instead.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
Fencesitter said:
Question: If the case is straight forward, no question about the relationship being genuine, a Canadian baby...do you guys think the visa will be issued a lot sooner than the average 19 months as stated on the CIC website???

We have a mountain of evidence: photos, e-mails, chats, hotel invoices, flight itineraries, boarding passes, train tickets, letters from friends and family, christmas and birthday cards, etc...

If I submit my application to CIC Missausaga in early April, would it be impossible to have the visa by the beginning of Feb 2013? This is our goal...is it wishful thinking??

Thanks,
FS
Never know for sure, so just personal comments.

If you document properly, background love story makes sense, your relocation plan solid, good finances would help, simple background check as in not too many different police certs, my guess is it should be quick.

Whatever it is, one option would be to apply outland and wait in Canada, flagpole if necessary.

The key is the earlier you apply, the earlier you go.

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
Jameslong said:
Awesome. thanks for the information. So she will need to go to Beijing instead.
If she has interview waived and gets approved and gets sent a letter of approval she just follows the instructions in the letter for sending passport to Beijing to get the visa and COPR. So her local bank (for visa administration fee) and China Post Office (for sending by EMS to Beijing) is as far as she should need to travel before travelling to an airport to go to Canada. But up to her if she wants to go all the way to Beijing instead of sending passport there. :)

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
cheng9999 said:
Never know for sure, so just personal comments.

If you document properly, background love story makes sense, your relocation plan solid, good finances would help, simple background check as in not too many different police certs, my guess is it should be quick.

Whatever it is, one option would be to apply outland and wait in Canada, flagpole if necessary.

The key is the earlier you apply, the earlier you go.
Fencesitter's wife landed on January 30, 2013. You answered a question from page 1 of this thread. :D Good they were successful and quick.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
smoothsailing said:
Fencesitter's wife landed on January 30, 2013. You answered a question from page 1 of this thread. :D Good they were successful and quick.
Too eager to help others now, that our case is done. ;D ;D

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
Maybe the 2014-2015 Hong Kong Timeline speadsheet should be renamed to 2014-2016 Hong Kong Timeline to encourage new people to enter their data. The last was November 2015 but this thread remains active.

My signature below contains a link to the spreadsheet if anyone applying in 2016 wants to add their data and study the timelines.

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
lucaskclai said:
Hi Cheng,
This is very useful, I will look into it thoroughly.
Lucas
Hi Cheng,

My MP is very helpful and he got reply from CIC about my eligibility

The initial assessment to ensure your constituent meets the eligibility criteria and that the application is complete has been finalized on April 23, 2015.

No comment on rejection on my application.

Please advise your understanding of this statement. The file has been transferred to HKVO on May 4, 2015 while I specify in my application that if my eligibility to sponsor my wife is rejected, I asked for refund.

Lucas

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
lucaskclai said:
Hi Cheng,

My MP is very helpful and he got reply from CIC about my eligibility

The initial assessment to ensure your constituent meets the eligibility criteria and that the application is complete has been finalized on April 23, 2015.

No comment on rejection on my application.

Please advise your understanding of this statement. The file has been transferred to HKVO on May 4, 2015 while I specify in my application that if my eligibility to sponsor my wife is rejected, I asked for refund.

Lucas
The statement "can mean" that you as the sponsor meets sponsoring requirement, but it can also mean that they finished your eligibility part as a sponsor, made the decision on Apr 23 2015...and that decision could be "not eligible"...it just says they completed it.

This is only my guess, but I think CIC screwed up here. Just to make sure, did your MP know your situation and asked the right questions? My feeling is that he/she did not (usually it's not the MP who calls, but the assistant).

* you called CIC twice, and was told on both times that SA is not granted yet
* you did not ask for application to continue, but it went to HKVO anyway
* you did not get rejection letter on sponsorship, which you should get (other people on the forum get very detailed rejection) soon after Apr 23 2015
* your MP called and asked about your case, but he/she was not given direct answer whether you passed or failed sponsorship eligibility
* I believe you never got SA email showing you were approved (your eCas did not show decision made for sponsorship, but a lot of people don't either, so unfortunately that does not say anything)

So GCMS notes is your only option now to see exactly what it says about your sponsorship.

Then you can call CIC again and demand to know what's going on for sponsorship, because it has passed the reasonable time already for SA...it's supposed to be around 60 days, and now it's almost 1 year. CIC cannot say your case is within reasonable time. Only when you clarify whether your sponsorship has any issues would you be able to move forward.

Another case in the forum...sponsor was denied, and given detailed response that her prior applicant sponsored got welfare, and was asked to pay up in order to be eligible again. So if this is the problem, CIC should have very detailed response. In that case, the sponsor also called CIC to find out if there are such potential problems, and like you, was told no.

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
cheng9999 said:
The statement "can mean" that you as the sponsor meets sponsoring requirement, but it can also mean that they finished your eligibility part as a sponsor, made the decision on Apr 23 2015...and that decision could be "not eligible"...it just says they completed it.

This is only my guess, but I think CIC screwed up here. Just to make sure, did your MP know your situation and asked the right questions? My feeling is that he/she did not (usually it's not the MP who calls, but the assistant).

* you called CIC twice, and was told on both times that SA is not granted yet
* you did not ask for application to continue, but it went to HKVO anyway
* you did not get rejection letter on sponsorship, which you should get (other people on the forum get very detailed rejection) soon after Apr 23 2015
* your MP called and asked about your case, but he/she was not given direct answer whether you passed or failed sponsorship eligibility
* I believe you never got SA email showing you were approved (your eCas did not show decision made for sponsorship, but a lot of people don't either, so unfortunately that does not say anything)

So GCMS notes is your only option now to see exactly what it says about your sponsorship.

Then you can call CIC again and demand to know what's going on for sponsorship, because it has passed the reasonable time already for SA...it's supposed to be around 60 days, and now it's almost 1 year. CIC cannot say your case is within reasonable time. Only when you clarify whether your sponsorship has any issues would you be able to move forward.

Another case in the forum...sponsor was denied, and given detailed response that her prior applicant sponsored got welfare, and was asked to pay up in order to be eligible again. So if this is the problem, CIC should have very detailed response. In that case, the sponsor also called CIC to find out if there are such potential problems, and like you, was told no.
Hi Cheng,
I called many times but only once did I ask if I am eligible. But she only check her mails not call the office. I will call again to verify. The rest of the story is correct.
You mentioned your notes has pointed out about your parent sponsorship status after you got the SA email letter of approval. Did the notes put the word approve. Can you advise which case sponsor rejected and need to pay back the welfare again.
Thanks

janicelu

Mar 31, 2016
Hello all,

I am July 27, 2015 applicant.

I got GCMS notes April 2, 2016 saying

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Not Started
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

NOTES:
NOTES:1
Created Date: 2016/02/04 14:43:27
Created By: JN04880
Updated Date: 2016/02/04 14:43:27
Updated By: JN04880
Restricted: No
Label: General
Office: Hong Kong
Text:
Officer's review: Record searched: PA: no prev record. SPR: PR, landed PV2 in nov13 Assessent on relationship. -first marriage for PA -despite spr had previous marriage, duration of previous marriage for 4 yrs, Sponsor dissolved from previous marriage legally i.e. 3 yrs before entered into current marriage with PA. Divorce cert provided. -despite development in a bit less than 1 yr, SPR visisted twice during relationship have mails since beginning of relationship to marry. -they are compatible in age and education background(both have post secondary education.) -spr landed proper channel PV2, satisfied relationship is genunie. Spr is PR, PR card valid till 2019, listed has been residing in Cda since 2013. -no adverse info re residency. Passed.

But when I checked the website it is still in process.

We received your application for permanent residence on July 27, 2015.
We started processing your application on September 29, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

When can I get PPR?

Thanks for your help.

Rihao

Jul 4, 2013
Can someone help me here?

Got my files back, it says I am missing IMM134

However I doubled check the checklist of Hongkong outland application, it did not say it requires it.

What is wrong? What should I do?

Please help! thanks!

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
lucaskclai said:
Hi Cheng,
I called many times but only once did I ask if I am eligible. But she only check her mails not call the office. I will call again to verify. The rest of the story is correct.
You mentioned your notes has pointed out about your parent sponsorship status after you got the SA email letter of approval. Did the notes put the word approve. Can you advise which case sponsor rejected and need to pay back the welfare again.
Thanks
It's in the discussion Topic: OCTOBER 2015 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS... Very recent post, so go to the last few pages.

For myself, the last set of notes when my spouse's eligibility was not started yet did not have any mention. This time I got notes after eligibility passed, in the section called notes, it documented me as the sponsor, when I got PR myself, citizenship, and me sponsoring my parents....all those details. I would guess since your case is stuck, any problem would be documented.

If not you have a strong case to go back to CIC and demand something to be done. On the other hand, if it shows SA approved, then something wrong with CIC as the officer on the phone told you otherwise.