Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1:25-03-2016;AOR2:18-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-04-2016
cicong said:
No need for interview, but something is definitely missing from your application. From what i can tell, many on here with cases like yours are completed within 7 months.
You mean most of cases will be completed within 7 months whatever the sponsored people from mainland, local Hong Kong, or Tainwan, if no need interview.

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
cheng9999 said:
If you got AOR2 and was asked to re-do your 5669E form, then it's not the issue. If you somehow did not get that request, your wife could have missed it in her email (happened to us...went to auto-delete) or HKVO missed sending it out to you (who knows if they missed you in the mass mailing). Just my own guess...it would look like the VO sends out AOR2 as a mass mailing, and in that mail it would ask for updated 5669E if the VO finds that it was not filled out up to 18 years old. If it's mass mailing, then it can be prone to some type of error...or you hear that a lot of people never even get AOR2 at all. What happens if you case should get an AOR2 asking you to re-do 5669E, but somehow you were not on the mass mailing list.

As you are sponsoring your spouse, you do not have to fill in 5669E, so I am not sure why you filled in your history as you are not the applicant. Your wife is the applicant, and 5669E is for her. And you mentioned that you only put in the past 10 years for her history as per instruction. Well, that could be the problem. I filled in my wife's past 16 years as it was a nice continuous portion so I thought I did a great job...see, that was more than 10 years, but unfortunately it was not quite back to 18 years old. That was what held everything up for us. Like you, I was waiting and waiting and waiting, checking eCas regularly but nothing happened...no news is good news, right? Wrong. For some people, their eCas have a line showing "we sent you correspondence...". In our case, we did not have that line. I thought we were safe, but I was wrong. Do not think that you will have that line to alert you.

You would see a lot of cases here where the VO asked the applicant to re-do the 5669E. I think another poster Cicong was in the same situation too based on his posts...his spouse had to re-do the 5669E at some point in time.

Hey Cicong...could your case be so slow as somehow your 5669E fell through the cracks? Your posts showed the VO sending you AOR2 all of a sudden. Could it be them indicating you needed updated 5669E but they did not inform you, and therefore you got AOR2 out of the blue?

Anyway the only way to know that is to read your notes. You can ask for MP to push, but that also takes some time, and for the MP's office to get back to you. But you may not have the option of asking for MP's help. Like you, I am not physically living back in Canada yet, but thought I should try to approach the MP in the riding where I plan to move back to. I was asked to provide ID which shows that I am the resident in the MP's riding...luckily I bought our new home already and have Hydro set up in my name with the address. If you do not have such proof yet, the MP may not be able to take your request. So in the end, GCMS notes is your only way of getting real information.

Actually if you are certain that you only filled in 10 years for your wife who is the applicant, if I were you, I would fill in a new one and upload it via case-specific enquiry right away. Explain that this may have been the cause of delay, etc. etc. so you are updating the form. Then send in the original form via normal mail to ensure HKVO receives it, with the same cover letter saying you already uploaded it but this is just in case kind of thing. If that's the problem, you do not need to wait for notes to tell you...you'll have to do it anyway so why wait 1 month. In our case, 2 weeks after I submitted it...I am not sure if the MP office has something to do with it...my wife's eligibility passed and moved onto criminal/background check (according to MP anyway, so I still want to see my notes to confirm)...so that's the only thing keeping things from moving forward. The other poster I mentioned...Cicong...from his other posts, it looks like his case is moving along again.

There is nothing to lose...when I read it back in December of people needing to do this, I was tempted to submit a new one, but told myself I should be ok because I was following the instructions and in fact already went over the 10 years requirement...and look where we ended up.
Hi Cheng,
Thanks so much and I will do it now.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
lucaskclai said:
Hi Cheng,
Thanks so much and I will do it now.
You're welcomed. We help each other out in these forums, and that's why everyone shares his/her experience.

I know how you feel...like you, a very straightforward case, long marriage, with kids, etc...and yet, the uncertainty is very frustrating. Did I miss something and have to start over again? I cannot plan the next steps until there is more certainty about timing. I think this frustration is expressed by everyone here. I read another post where the VO asked the applicant the plan of relocation back to Canada?--and this has already been explained already. How can you quit your job and wait for months, or sell your property and wait indefinitely. If the current employer knows of repatriation, there's a good chance he'll fire the employee. In the end, perhaps the VO may not be asking for such solid proof, but when the question is put forth as such, meaning that the original explanation was not good enough, how does that leave the applicant thinking, right?

Anyway, let us know how things develop.

Good luck!

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
adogtiger said:
You mean most of cases will be completed within 7 months whatever the sponsored people from mainland, local Hong Kong, or Tainwan, if no need interview.
No, but with cases where they have been married for 20 yrs and with kids, interview is usually never necessary.

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015, CIC received 03-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-16-2015, SA 04-30-2015
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
lucaskclai said:
Hi guy,
This is very interesting. But I never receive AOR2 from HK visa office. Is this strange as they got my wife file May 4, 2015
Because you are the sponsor, they will send AOR2 to the applicant which is your wife, however, some don't get the AOR2 emails too but it doesn't affect them to process your case.

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
cheng9999 said:
You're welcomed. We help each other out in these forums, and that's why everyone shares his/her experience.

I know how you feel...like you, a very straightforward case, long marriage, with kids, etc...and yet, the uncertainty is very frustrating. Did I miss something and have to start over again? I cannot plan the next steps until there is more certainty about timing. I think this frustration is expressed by everyone here. I read another post where the VO asked the applicant the plan of relocation back to Canada?--and this has already been explained already. How can you quit your job and wait for months, or sell your property and wait indefinitely. If the current employer knows of repatriation, there's a good chance he'll fire the employee. In the end, perhaps the VO may not be asking for such solid proof, but when the question is put forth as such, meaning that the original explanation was not good enough, how does that leave the applicant thinking, right?

Anyway, let us know how things develop.

Good luck!
Hi Cheng,
I wrongly believe HKVO are occupied as Bejing VO moved all the cases to HKVO which delay the processing time from 7 months to 11 months! As my case nearly 11 months, I started to look it up and found this forum.
My case is rock solid married 20 years and 2 daughters 19 and 17 old one is born in Canada. We also conduct Catholic marriage in Canada after our marriage in China. We moved back to Canada and my wife is using HK passport to visit us.
The IMM5669 form as a spouse I must fill in too, please check. On top of my wife IMM5669, I also prepared her resume detailing from her birth to the most update.
The only problem with my case could be my wife moved from China to HK by single entry visa and later she changed her name spelling from Chinese Pin Yi to Hong Kong spelling.
Before I filled this form, I visited the Immigration lawyer in Toronto to teach me how to fill it. Yet, there could be a problem.
I filed an investigation form before but they will not take action until it pass the normal processing time.
Before it is 11 months in HK but now it is 19 months from the date you submit the application and in my case it has not finished the normal processing time which ends on June 2016!!!!
Anyone has this problem.
Thanks!

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
lucaskclai said:
Hi Cheng,
I wrongly believe HKVO are occupied as Bejing VO moved all the cases to HKVO which delay the processing time from 7 months to 11 months! As my case nearly 11 months, I started to look it up and found this forum.
My case is rock solid married 20 years and 2 daughters 19 and 17 old one is born in Canada. We also conduct Catholic marriage in Canada after our marriage in China. We moved back to Canada and my wife is using HK passport to visit us.
The IMM5669 form as a spouse I must fill in too, please check. On top of my wife IMM5669, I also prepared her resume detailing from her birth to the most update.
The only problem with my case could be my wife moved from China to HK by single entry visa and later she changed her name spelling from Chinese Pin Yi to Hong Kong spelling.
Before I filled this form, I visited the Immigration lawyer in Toronto to teach me how to fill it. Yet, there could be a problem.
I filed an investigation form before but they will not take action until it pass the normal processing time.
Before it is 11 months in HK but now it is 19 months from the date you submit the application and in my case it has not finished the normal processing time which ends on June 2016!!!!
Anyone has this problem.
Thanks!
I know what you mean...assuming that everything is ok, the eCas says in progress, so everything should be fine. Smooth process in the beginning, SA granted according to schedule, so what can go wrong...no news is good news, right? You wife having been on the mainland, plus name difference, could be a cause of delay. After all, you would need to get police report for mainland, get that translated and notarized...I heard the process is not straight-forward.

Anyway, it does not matter about IMM 5669E whether you as the sponsor also filled it in as well. I see why you also filled it out, as it has a check box saying principle applicant or spouse. Well, there are situations where the PA has dependent spouse...for example, PA is economic immigrant so there would possibly be accompanying spouse. Or the lonely Canadian route where a citizen sponsors a relative who would have accompanying dependent spouse. As in this case I am not the accompanying spouse to my wife who is the PA, I did not fill it in. Similar logic for the children...they are not accompanying dependents as they already have citizenship. This has been asked and discussed as it is indeed confusing. No matter, as there's no harm in you filling it out.

The thing is, if that's a possible deficiency on the form for your wife who is the PA, you can complete it and submit...you don't have to wait for for them to send you an email to let you know. You may have a detailed resume written up for your wife, but if that's not referenced properly on the form, HKVO may still consider that incomplete. For example, my wife's education section covers the earlier time period properly, and if those 2 sections are looked at together, there are no gaps at all. You see what I mean.

Even if it's not the problem, it gives you a legitimate excuse to contact HKVO:
* send the info in saying that you may have been incomplete, so you are making it up now
* at the same time, you highlight that you have received absolutely no update progress, so what could be wrong...also ask about whether need to re-do medical as the case is getting close to 1 year...potentially you save some time if you do it earlier rather than later. Other posters have indicated that the VO needs to send you forms with info filled in (not like when it's done before sending in the package)...again, cut the waiting time by prodding them whether you need to take action
* if you are lucky, you actual prompt HKVO to respond
* even if it does not prompt a respond, the GCMS notes will show an internal response if there is one. For example, I highlighted a discrepancy in the mailing address versus home address very early on once I can see eCas, sent an email, and the GCMS notes showed internal acknowledgment of the matter...but they never bothered to acknowledge getting this from me.

The important thing for you right now is that you understand you have additional options to get information.

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
cheng9999 said:
I know what you mean...assuming that everything is ok, the eCas says in progress, so everything should be fine. Smooth process in the beginning, SA granted according to schedule, so what can go wrong...no news is good news, right? You wife having been on the mainland, plus name difference, could be a cause of delay. After all, you would need to get police report for mainland, get that translated and notarized...I heard the process is not straight-forward.

Anyway, it does not matter about IMM 5669E whether you as the sponsor also filled it in as well. I see why you also filled it out, as it has a check box saying principle applicant or spouse. Well, there are situations where the PA has dependent spouse...for example, PA is economic immigrant so there would possibly be accompanying spouse. Or the lonely Canadian route where a citizen sponsors a relative who would have accompanying dependent spouse. As in this case I am not the accompanying spouse to my wife who is the PA, I did not fill it in. Similar logic for the children...they are not accompanying dependents as they already have citizenship. This has been asked and discussed as it is indeed confusing. No matter, as there's no harm in you filling it out.

The thing is, if that's a possible deficiency on the form for your wife who is the PA, you can complete it and submit...you don't have to wait for for them to send you an email to let you know. You may have a detailed resume written up for your wife, but if that's not referenced properly on the form, HKVO may still consider that incomplete. For example, my wife's education section covers the earlier time period properly, and if those 2 sections are looked at together, there are no gaps at all. You see what I mean.

Even if it's not the problem, it gives you a legitimate excuse to contact HKVO:
* send the info in saying that you may have been incomplete, so you are making it up now
* at the same time, you highlight that you have received absolutely no update progress, so what could be wrong...also ask about whether need to re-do medical as the case is getting close to 1 year...potentially you save some time if you do it earlier rather than later. Other posters have indicated that the VO needs to send you forms with info filled in (not like when it's done before sending in the package)...again, cut the waiting time by prodding them whether you need to take action
* if you are lucky, you actual prompt HKVO to respond
* even if it does not prompt a respond, the GCMS notes will show an internal response if there is one. For example, I highlighted a discrepancy in the mailing address versus home address very early on once I can see eCas, sent an email, and the GCMS notes showed internal acknowledgment of the matter...but they never bothered to acknowledge getting this from me.

The important thing for you right now is that you understand you have additional options to get information.
Hi Cheng,
I can learn a lot from you.
Please advise how do you contact HKVO or you just send mail to their office. Do they response or acknowledge your letter? I don't mind to send letter or update information to them as per your suggestion.
My wife and I are in Canada now. We can ask the local MP to assist. I need to extend my wife visa as it is over 6 months. While I do it online to extend the visa, her information home address and mailing address has been uploaded to eCas. Her medical exam is expired and I will take her to redo it in Canada.
My immigration lawyer in Canada already explained to me it is not a big deal to change name. The name changed history is very clear in her HK document if they every ask. The Chinese name is the same except the spelling.
I don't know if my wife needs police check in Mainland China. She lives in HK more than 15 years and police check was required before she can come to HK using single entry visa. But there is nothing we can do. Hong Kong Police station will no do police check now. 30 years ago when I applied to immigrate, the first document is police check and only upon approval will they ask you to do Medical exam. Now, it is the other way around and a waste of money and time. Medical exam only valid for 1 year and most case now are over 1 year which mean must redo Medical exam!! I applied my mom to Canada 30 years ago and it only took 5 months and now is at least 6 years!! I don't know about the rule anymore.
Thanks!

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
lucaskclai said:
Hi Cheng,
I can learn a lot from you.
Please advise how do you contact HKVO or you just send mail to their office. Do they response or acknowledge your letter? I don't mind to send letter or update information to them as per your suggestion.
My wife and I are in Canada now. We can ask the local MP to assist. I need to extend my wife visa as it is over 6 months. While I do it online to extend the visa, her information home address and mailing address has been uploaded to eCas. Her medical exam is expired and I will take her to redo it in Canada.
My immigration lawyer in Canada already explained to me it is not a big deal to change name. The name changed history is very clear in her HK document if they every ask. The Chinese name is the same except the spelling.
I don't know if my wife needs police check in Mainland China. She lives in HK more than 15 years and police check was required before she can come to HK using single entry visa. But there is nothing we can do. Hong Kong Police station will no do police check now. 30 years ago when I applied to immigrate, the first document is police check and only upon approval will they ask you to do Medical exam. Now, it is the other way around and a waste of money and time. Medical exam only valid for 1 year and most case now are over 1 year which mean must redo Medical exam!! I applied my mom to Canada 30 years ago and it only took 5 months and now is at least 6 years!! I don't know about the rule anymore.
Thanks!
We all learn from each other. I believe email can get through (HKONGIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca), but how they deal with it, I am not sure. Is it slower than case-specific inquiry method as someone has to sort it out?--don't know.

In my case, I sent in email in November saying my address has discrepancy. Nothing in the system, and still shows discrepancy. However, GCMS notes I received later in February indicated that the email was received, and there was a comment saying that the address issue was checked upon by an officer. I never receive any reply at all, but it looks like the email was received and acted upon.

The official mechanism is to do it via case-specific inquiry. Below is the link. I just sent a question myself asking about progress, that I am still concerned about address discrepancy on eCas...just to keep nudging them...I have not done this before asking question via this route, so I don't know if I'll get an answer. Other posters appear to have success getting answers from their VO though.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=hong%20kong&_ga=1.8066610.1419784286.1404982618

So in this case, let's say you want to update your 5669E for your wife. You fill up the new form, print and get her to date and sign it, and then you scan it for uploading later. Then follow the instructions to upload it, and then submit the whole question or sets of questions. There is a section where you write what this is all about...1500 characters max.

Now, did your wife appoint you as the representative? If not, then this MUST be done by your wife's UCI, her name, details, etc...basically using her credentials as the applicant. What you can do at the same time is to upload "use of representative" form which would appoint you to be the representative. If you can squeeze multiple questions/issues in 1500 characters, I cannot see why you cannot bundle everything in one upload. If not, you can separate into a different case to upload. You may be the sponsor, but you do not have any right to access your wife's information without her expressed consent. I tried this before, asked questions as the sponsor without even thinking, and got rejected saying I am not authorized. This will waste time as they completely ignore what they believe to be unauthorized requests. I did this later, and my wife got replied after 1 week that the appointment of representative was successful.

You can ask also if you need to re-do medical, and ask HKVO to send you the forms.

For police report, did you wife go to HK after she was 18 years old? If yes, then she will need police certificate from the mainland as she lived there most likely for more than 6 months continuously. As a side note, a friend of mine had to get police report from the mainland for other purposes, and it was not trivial.

For HK, yes, it looks like the police report gets sent directly to HKVO. It said that HK police station will do it when HKVO sends in the request. I myself do not have to do this as my wife is Taiwanese and never lived outside Taiwan...I am the one flying back and forth.

But did your wife get any emails from HKVO asking you to get police certificates? From what you write, you did not submit any when you applied. That again, would be a good sign things are moving along, but it means you will need to get them done.

Below is what CIC website says. If your wife did not live in China anymore after moving to HK, then she should get started to get it done as there is no expiry. Not being physically in Asia means an additional challenge. She'll need to find someone who can help her get it from the place she has her "Hukou" before, and not only that it has to be the particular police station responsible for that neighborhood, and apply for it. Then that document needs to be translated and notarized. (Someone who has done this in practice can help out our friend here, as I have not done this...only heard this from my friend).

-----quoted from CIC-----
Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18. (For example, if you lived in a country for eight months but left on a two-week vacation, that counts as living there for eight months.)

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certified translator.
----

adogtiger

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
HONG KONG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1:25-03-2016;AOR2:18-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-04-2016
Hi, Cheng999,you said "your address has discrepancy", how could you make this mistake? does the discrepancy mean the difference addresses between the forms you submitted ?

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
adogtiger said:
Hi, Cheng999,you said "your address has discrepancy", how could you make this mistake? does the discrepancy mean the difference addresses between the forms you submitted ?
I filled in the forms fine. If you look at eCas for the applicant you see 2 sides. Home address and mailing address. Both are the same for our case, but the mailing address side omitted a very important detail. I have been trying to raise this without success.

Even gcms notes indicate in the mailing address section the lack of this detail. So it's very likely a manual entry error.

So don't assume if you do things correctly things will be entered into the system correctly.

I may be paranoid and it's nothing.

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
cheng9999 said:
We all learn from each other. I believe email can get through (HKONGIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca), but how they deal with it, I am not sure. Is it slower than case-specific inquiry method as someone has to sort it out?--don't know.

In my case, I sent in email in November saying my address has discrepancy. Nothing in the system, and still shows discrepancy. However, GCMS notes I received later in February indicated that the email was received, and there was a comment saying that the address issue was checked upon by an officer. I never receive any reply at all, but it looks like the email was received and acted upon.

The official mechanism is to do it via case-specific inquiry. Below is the link. I just sent a question myself asking about progress, that I am still concerned about address discrepancy on eCas...just to keep nudging them...I have not done this before asking question via this route, so I don't know if I'll get an answer. Other posters appear to have success getting answers from their VO though.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=hong%20kong&_ga=1.8066610.1419784286.1404982618

So in this case, let's say you want to update your 5669E for your wife. You fill up the new form, print and get her to date and sign it, and then you scan it for uploading later. Then follow the instructions to upload it, and then submit the whole question or sets of questions. There is a section where you write what this is all about...1500 characters max.

Now, did your wife appoint you as the representative? If not, then this MUST be done by your wife's UCI, her name, details, etc...basically using her credentials as the applicant. What you can do at the same time is to upload "use of representative" form which would appoint you to be the representative. If you can squeeze multiple questions/issues in 1500 characters, I cannot see why you cannot bundle everything in one upload. If not, you can separate into a different case to upload. You may be the sponsor, but you do not have any right to access your wife's information without her expressed consent. I tried this before, asked questions as the sponsor without even thinking, and got rejected saying I am not authorized. This will waste time as they completely ignore what they believe to be unauthorized requests. I did this later, and my wife got replied after 1 week that the appointment of representative was successful.

You can ask also if you need to re-do medical, and ask HKVO to send you the forms.

For police report, did you wife go to HK after she was 18 years old? If yes, then she will need police certificate from the mainland as she lived there most likely for more than 6 months continuously. As a side note, a friend of mine had to get police report from the mainland for other purposes, and it was not trivial.

For HK, yes, it looks like the police report gets sent directly to HKVO. It said that HK police station will do it when HKVO sends in the request. I myself do not have to do this as my wife is Taiwanese and never lived outside Taiwan...I am the one flying back and forth.

But did your wife get any emails from HKVO asking you to get police certificates? From what you write, you did not submit any when you applied. That again, would be a good sign things are moving along, but it means you will need to get them done.

Below is what CIC website says. If your wife did not live in China anymore after moving to HK, then she should get started to get it done as there is no expiry. Not being physically in Asia means an additional challenge. She'll need to find someone who can help her get it from the place she has her "Hukou" before, and not only that it has to be the particular police station responsible for that neighborhood, and apply for it. Then that document needs to be translated and notarized. (Someone who has done this in practice can help out our friend here, as I have not done this...only heard this from my friend).

-----quoted from CIC-----
Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18. (For example, if you lived in a country for eight months but left on a two-week vacation, that counts as living there for eight months.)

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certified translator.
----
Hi Geng,
Thanks for your details explanation.
I just applied the on-line checking but it will take 30 days to be effective. How long does it take in your case?
I will re-do medical exam for my wife next week.
Any Hong Kong resident applying permanent resident can ask for police certificate without CIC letter. I phoned and they refused to do it without the letter.
The biggest problem in my case could be the police certificate which is demand during the application process. But Hong kong Police station would not issue it. May be I should file the China one but I thought it is better to do it when they ask for it
Lucas

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Ronnn said:
Yup, just went to Police head qty this noon and completed the police cert requested. I just showed them the email from CIC, everything is good.

Anything else need to do afterward?

Notice many of you mentioned AOR2? Is the email I received from HKVO means AOR2?
Usually how long it takes them to process my case? Say my spouse completed medical exam and will send the police cert receipt to them tomorrow.
Hi Ronn
I never got AOR2 or anything from HKVO. Please share more your experience. You mentioned HK police office will take the email from HKVO. Would they take the AOR1 email which is the only email that I got from CIC so far. I submitted the file Feb 4, 2015 and transferred to HK May 5, 2015. No news up to Mar 26, 2016. We married for 20 years and our kids are Canadian studying in Canada now!!

lucaskclai

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
smile1212 said:
Hi all
it seems the processing time has taken longer for spouse sponsored application outside of Canada. I wonder if anyone similar to my application timeline has got any update.

my application was received on Dec 12, 2014,
my application has been transferred to HKVO since early March 2015,
I received a request to submit police certificate in Oct 2015,
I was asked to re-do medical check in Nov 2015,
ever since I have not got any further news, the application status is still 'In Process' when I check on CIC website.

I notice on CIC website the general information on processing time for spouse application outside of Canada has now increased to 17 months.

thanks
Hi Simile
AOR Feb 4, 2015
File Transfer to HKVO May 5, 2015
We married for 20 years and our kids are Canadian studying in Canada now.
I got no news to do police certificate or re-do medical check.
My wife was from China but already got the HK permanent resident for 15 years.
Did you get DM decision make in order to do the police certificate and re-do medical check.
Would you like to give me more details.
I am 2 months behind your case and it makes me feel so sad about whole application process.
Thanks

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
My timeline same as yours but I landed last nov and got the PR card as well. I think you may need interview or the security check process longer than usual