+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Child Care Pilot Program

ifrahjaffri

Dec 21, 2020
Hi, I and my husband are filling imm5983 to hire a nanny. In the form imm5983, should we write both our names in employer given name and surname or only one of them is enough?

Secondly, what should we write in anticipated start date of employment? It seems the process takes roughly 2 years. Can I write start date to be after 6 months from now?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I and my husband are filling imm5983 to hire a nanny. In the form imm5983, should we write both our names in employer given name and surname or only one of them is enough?

Secondly, what should we write in anticipated start date of employment? It seems the process takes roughly 2 years. Can I write start date to be after 6 months from now?
Who filed for business registration number? Use that person.
Start date from date of application is fine. Processing is around 36 months.

ifrahjaffri

Dec 21, 2020
Who filed for business registration number? Use that person.
Start date from date of application is fine. Processing is around 36 months.
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I will use start sate as June 2024 then as application submits on Jan 2024.

And, If I only use my name as employer because I filled the business registration, how will IRCC know that my husband is also willing to hire and use his salary as our combined income?

Secondly, in PR portal, the applicant told me there is no place to upload my (employer) documents, such as my and my husband's job letter, baby's birth certificate, our notice of assessment. Don't we need to submit these documents too?

Third question is, the form imm5983 mentions that I can deduct the employees rent if they live with us. I am only paying the employee median wage of Ontario, i.e., 18$/hour, can I still deduct the rent? may be 500 dollar per month?

Many thanks,

Sophia16

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I will use start sate as June 2024 then as application submits on Jan 2024.

And, If I only use my name as employer because I filled the business registration, how will IRCC know that my husband is also willing to hire and use his salary as our combined income?

Secondly, in PR portal, the applicant told me there is no place to upload my (employer) documents, such as my and my husband's job letter, baby's birth certificate, our notice of assessment. Don't we need to submit these documents too?

Third question is, the form imm5983 mentions that I can deduct the employees rent if they live with us. I am only paying the employee median wage of Ontario, i.e., 18$/hour, can I still deduct the rent? may be 500 dollar per month?

Many thanks,
When it's time, IRCC will ask for all your documents necessary, including your NOA, child's certificate, etc. So that's when you and spouse will present your documents as combined salaries.

You can collect your house rent from your employee after paying the salary

ashoff

Jan 2, 2020
How do you know your background check has delay? my background check has been since 2021 march.
who is order the Have you ordered CBSA or GCMS note? my lawyer or myself ?and is the purpose of it?