+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELPS PLEASE - URGENT Student Permit!!

mqir32

Apr 8, 2014
Hello all.
In a week i will be sending all my original documents and application forms to the embassy of Canada for my study permit but i am stuck in one section. There's a part to write down all my previous travels and also, I'll have to send my previous and current passport to prove the dates and travels are true. The thing is that i have lost my old passport and there is no way i can provide my previous travels.

DOES anybody know what to to here? I have traveled quite a lot since 2010, but again, i have no way to provide this is true. Plus i have thrown/deleted all my past plane tickets away. I do remember the dates but i don't really know what to do here.
Should i just miss my old travels (with the old passport) and just write down my travels stamped on my current passport?

PLEASE if someone could help me in this. I know it's such a silly thing but i don't know if i would be given minus points for this by the Canadian immigration officer.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am stuck in one section. There's a part to write down all my previous travels
you HAVE to include all your travels within last 10 yearsor since you turned 18).
And send any prove you have. But in the form you HAVE to show ALL your trips since 2004 (or since you turned 18)!

mqir32

Apr 8, 2014
Regina said:
you HAVE to include all your travels within last 10 yearsor since you turned 18).
And send any prove you have. But in the form you HAVE to show ALL your trips since 2004 (or since you turned 18)!
Correct. I can include all my travels but i've lost my old passport with those stamps. Would that be a problem: if i dont provide my old traveling stamps? Or can i just write a letter explaining?

t119

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SP -17-04-2013 PR-10-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013/25-06-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2013/15-08-2014
mqir32 said:
Correct. I can include all my travels but i've lost my old passport with those stamps. Would that be a problem: if i dont provide my old traveling stamps? Or can i just write a letter explaining?
Yeah do that. Btw, did you travel more with your old passport or the new one?

mqir32

Apr 8, 2014
t119 said:
Yeah do that. Btw, did you travel more with your old passport or the new one?
Yea, i did lots of travels with the old one. My current passport though, is relatively new as I have renewed it last September 2013. Therefore the majority of my stamps are in the old one. Im really uncomfortable about this as i don't want to have a bad image in front of the immigration officer :/

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
mqir32 said:
Yea, i did lots of travels with the old one. My current passport though, is relatively new as I have renewed it last September 2013. Therefore the majority of my stamps are in the old one. Im really uncomfortable about this as i don't want to have a bad image in front of the immigration officer :/
I think the best course of action would be to write a letter of explanation. In the letter, explain to the VO that you have lost your old passport which has all the travel stamps for most of your trips. Try to attach any proof you have of your travels. Also, when you lost your old passport, did you notify your country's passport authority? Proof of that will also be helpful.

If you are a member of any airline frequent flier program, you might be able to retrieve the flight information for some of your trips. Try that if you haven't already.

There is no need to freak out about this. I am sure you are not the first person who has lost a passport and is applying for a Canadian visa. Just be honest and submit any evidence you have to support your claim.

mqir32

Apr 8, 2014
samroc said:
Also, when you lost your old passport, did you notify your country's passport authority? Proof of that will also be helpful.

No, i never went to the authorities and notified that i lost it. I just went and took another one as a renewal. And to be honest, having to notify that lost will take ages in my country and i just have a week left to send my application. I hope this doesn't matter much :/

mqir32

Apr 8, 2014
No, i never went to the authorities and notified that i lost it. I just went and took another one as a renewal. And to be honest, having to notify that lost will take ages in my country and i just have a week left to send my application. I hope this doesn't matter much :/