+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Helping my Girlfriend getting a visitor visa, and frustrated...

T

Taunce

Here's a little bit about my situation...I live at home with my family, have a job but am off work at the time. I have a girlfriend in the Philippines who wants to visit me in Canada. She wants to come with her brother and we want to invite them. They both do not have bank accounts or jobs there. They still live at home with their family. I have and can prove the neccesary funds for their trip and stay through my father...is that an acceptable way of proving funds. I will write a letter of invitation from all of us and we will all sign it stating that my father will be financially responsible...of course he agrees, but is this acceptable. Do they have a chance of getting a visitor visa or does the fact that they have no accounts or jobs automatically disqualifies them?

We are even thinking of marrying...if she does get the visa then how would we one day go about that? I don't know whether I should go there and marry her or bring her back with me and marry her here, and who do I inform of our intentions before I or her go anywhere? I do not want to have any surprises afterwards and find out we cannot stay together. What is the best way of doing this for the both of us assuming she gets the visitor visa to begin with.

I have so many questions that I don't know where to begin but this seemed to be the most urgent question, and after researching this for the past few days, starting to get that sinking feeling...frustrated despair:(

Please help

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I do not know the answers to your questions as they relate to visas and marriage, but I doubt your girlfriend will have much success with a TRV without SOLID TIES to her home country, adequate finances, travel history, etc. You may be farther ahead to find out what you have to do to get married in Phils and then sponsor your wife. You will have to be employed and earning as well. Also, be sure to keep a record of your correspondence, photographs, trips, anything to show the length of your relationship, etc. for future reference. Good Luck

eivol13

Oct 15, 2012
Hi there!

I just want to ask if you were successful bringing your girlfriend to Canada..
Were there any updates? Can you post some?
I can absolutely relate to this.
The only difference is that I am planning to visit my boyfriend in Canada who's got a job now for 3months.
I also have a job here in Philippines, but just started with this new (BPO) Call Center company.
I dont have enough funds on my savings account since I haven't really thought of saving before...

I just submitted my application today. Just hoping to see if your girlfriends application was approved.

-Love.Phil.Ceb.