+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help

2010aman

Nov 18, 2010
what is band requirement for me to go canada?as i m 12 pass student.
plz help me out as soon as possible,as i am about to give examination in a few days.
thank u in advance.waiting 4 ur reply. :)

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ielts requirement varies from university to university.....

if you want to go to canada on student visa, 6.5 band score will fetch you admission into good universities. if you are aiming for top schools like U of Toronto, Macgill...etc 7 band score is recommended.

In other words, with band 7 you can apply anywhere else in the world.

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go through with IELTS Cambridge books -5-6-7. They will give you perfect preparation!

Apart from this, read science magazines and explore good newspapers.

Try to read fast , dont read sentence by sentence, and try to get the idea of each passage.

you can use pen in order to underline key info on your question paper in real exam while reading...

you will get better only with practice.

AS for writing,

Task1: follow-intro-body-conclusion format
develop atleast three ideas, each idea in each paragraph and back it up with solid example.
use connectors/discourse markers: in contrast, on the contrary, in addition, Therefore...etc
use a variety of vocabulary, dont use same word all the time, when u use a word exhausting, dont use it again, use it tiring, etc

Task2: learn specialized vocabulary terms for describing graphs. like sharp decline, nosedive, stable, unchanged, skyrocket...etc
Don't give your opinion for this type of writing. Just write down whatever key info is there.