+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help - Work permit extension (restoration of status refused)

carunah

Jan 19, 2020
Hello,

I applied for my Work Permit Extension on paper in April. I had my application sent back to me in late July because I missed a signature including rejection letter. I spoke with an agent on the phone and said the 90 day restoration of status application is based on the REFUSAL LETTER DATE and not the ORIGINAL date application (I also have this Agents name and agent number).

The cover letter I included in my application explained this situation, it reads:
"- Please find enclosed copy of the letter rejection dated July 24th, 2018 for my work permit application received April 10, 2018. The application was rejected as incomplete due to missing signature. "
The rejection letter with date was included and cover letters were in this application explaining the situation.

This morning I received this.

[X] An application for restoration must be made within 90 days after loss of temporary resident status. You are not eligible for restoration of your temporary resident status because your application was submitted after the regulated 90-day period. Since you no longer hold temporary resident status in Canada your application for a Work Permit is also refused.

Timeline:
Sent work permit extension April 10th
Rejection letter for missing information dated July 24th, received July 27th.
Work Permit Extension - Restoration of Status application sent August 2nd.
Refusal Letter: October 17th

I strongly believe this is wrong as I applied for a restoration of status within the 90-day period of the refusal (literally 4 days after I received the letter). They keep insisting that it's based on my original expire date but that is untrue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm so disappointed.