+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Visitor visa for mentally disabled brother-in-law?

cheezit

Jul 1, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am visiting the USA from India with my husband and his brother (my brother-in-law). My husband and I hold an American visa and a Canadian visa but my brother-in-law who is mentally disabled holds only an American visa. We want to visit Canada while we are here for only a week or so and hoped to get a Canadian visa for my brother-in-law. We would be returning to the USA after as our flight leaves from New York.

His only other medical condition is that he has diabetes and other than that he is in great physical condition. He can do most things on his own but is intellectually disabled (talks, thinks and behaves like a small child). He is also financially dependent on me and my husband. Since there is no one to take care of him and he is unable to live with anyone else besides us if we are not there in the USA with him, we were wondering how likely it would be for us to obtain the visitor visa for him and what application we should fill and what we should say.

We all have medical insurance and can show our assets in India as well if necessary.

Thank you!

cheezit

Jul 1, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am visiting the USA from India with my husband and his brother (my brother-in-law). My husband and I hold an American visa and a Canadian visa but my brother-in-law who is mentally disabled holds only an American visa. We want to visit Canada while we are here for only a week or so and hoped to get a Canadian visa for my brother-in-law. We would be returning to the USA after as our flight leaves from New York.

His only other medical condition is that he has diabetes and other than that he is in great physical condition. He can do most things on his own but is intellectually disabled (talks, thinks and behaves like a small child). He is also financially dependent on me and my husband. Since there is no one to take care of him and he is unable to live with anyone else besides us if we are not there in the USA with him, we were wondering how likely it would be for us to obtain the visitor visa for him and what application we should fill and what we should say.

We all have medical insurance and can show our assets in India as well if necessary.

Thank you!
Is there an application I can fill out under my name or my husband's name? So they know that he is dependent on us?