+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help required. accompany to canada?

Feb 13, 2009
we just had a child on jan 12 2009. he is a us citizen. i am just updating the family information on imm0008.
is it required that he accompany me to canada if our application is approved?
(we pay 150$ for the above procedure). what is that fee for - a canadian pr for him or for entering canada?
pls reply asap.

thanks...

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
instructions say that you need to add his name in the form whether or not he accompanies you.

as a us citizen he can travel to canada on short trips without any visa. however if you are planning to settle down in canada, you may be better off paying in the application now than later.
fees $150 CAD only

Feb 13, 2009
thanks very much for your help. so this is like an application fee for him right?
is there a possibility i could get the pr for my family first and then add him later on after we get the pr?

i appreciate your help a lot. i was unable to find more info from the cic website regarding what this fee is, why etc... your help in this matter helps very much.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Chicagocanadian1,

Check this out on the CIC

This is for simplified Applications though. I guess it can't be any different for the other types of IMMI also.

I have already submitted an application and have a newborn child to add to my file. How do I do this?

Please refer to the information above regarding the simplified application. Once you have received the request for the updated information you will need to submit an updated application form with your child now included. You will also need to submit a copy of their birth certificate, 4 passport sized photos, the processing fee of 150$cdn and a copy of the passport if available. Please do not submit documents for adding family members until this is requested.

helpmeimmigrate

Star Member
Feb 16, 2009
chicagocanadian1 said:
we just had a child on jan 12 2009. he is a us citizen. i am just updating the family information on imm0008.
is it required that he accompany me to canada if our application is approved?
(we pay 150$ for the above procedure). what is that fee for - a canadian pr for him or for entering canada?
pls reply asap.

thanks...
Mr. Chicagocanadian,

If you do not add your son on the form now, he will not be considered a PR of Canada and will just be a US citizen. Including him on your form means you are applying for his residence as well, or else he cannot stay with you like a Canadian resident else will have to return to USA after the maximum allowed stay in Canada.

And after he gets the PR with you, he will be required to comply with the minimum stay policies just like any other PR to maintain his status or his PR will no longer be valid.

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
Bobby's point is valid for all FSW applications

and, let me add an IMPORTANT point for ChicagoCanadian

if you do not declare your new born child, then when you become PR in Canada you may not be able to sponsor your child as a family member as your child would not have been medically examined in conjunction with your application

my advice, inform CIC of the new child, the fee of $150 is the usual PR application fee for a dependent child, there is no PR visa fee to pay for children

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Yes, include the newborn NOW! You will not be able to sponser him/her laler if you do not do so now.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Do you hate your child???Why are you denying him the right to come to Canada forever????Save 150$???Shame on you