+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP PLZ! GAVE WRONG INFO TO IMMIGRATION!

Steph18

Mar 13, 2014
Leopold_31 said:
I think you are lying.
Before I married my wife someone told me I had to tell the officials upon crossing the border to Canada that I got married. So when I was coming back to Canada I was actually let through without speaking to anyone, but I came up to them anyway and told them I just married and plan to sponsor my wife. The guy just looked at me like I am some kind of an idiot and said no, nobody cares that I got married etc.
And here they held you for 6 hours questioning about your marriage.
You are definitely not telling us everything. And why would you say something so stupid that you married for money is beyond me.
Good for you!

Steph18

Mar 13, 2014
fandv said:
Just wondering, what country is your husband from?
I prefer to not say this information to avoid discrimination/racism in the threat.
Many are already saying that I lying!!!!!!! Why should I be lying in an anonymous forum!?!?!?! But thanks for questions!

ronjer1

Feb 26, 2014
If her story was: "I was abducted by Aliens upon entering Canada, they ran experiments on me for 6 hours and they stole my sponsorship papers before teleporting me over to the baggage carousel....that would be more believable than her original story.

JRPW

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
2013 (re-med)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Steph18 said:
I prefer to not say this information to avoid discrimination/racism in the threat.
Many are already saying that I lying!!!!!!! Why should I be lying in an anonymous forum!?!?!?! But thanks for questions!
Why would you think that anyone on this forum would be racist or discriminatory about your husband's ethnicity?

Personal anecdote: My Japanese wife and I arrived in Canada in December 2013. My wife had not received her COPR before we came to Canada. At secondary inspection, I explained the reasons why I was moving back to Canada. I also explained that I was married and that my wife had a PR application in process. The CBSA agents that I dealt with were polite and professional. In fact, my wife and I spent more time waiting in line to talk to an agent than explaining our relationship.

I also have numerous friends who are married to non-Canadians from various visa and non-visa exempt countries. None of them have had an experience as yours. There is something that you are not telling us. If you do not want to tell us, that is fine. However, that limits any advice we can offer you.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It's possible something else caused the CBSA agent to search her belongings. At customs, they sometimes ask where you are coming from and purpose of trip. Depending on answers, demeanour or even items declared on the declaration card, the agent could flag you for a search. Also, travelling from countries with known for drugs or terrorism can be a red flag, particularly if you are not from that country. The agent in that case would be interested in why you travelled there. They also know that detaining/holding someone for long hours (6 hours in this case) is likely to break you down (classic interrogation technique), and can explain why after 6 hours the OP felt exhausted and decided to tell them whatever they wanted to hear. Watch the "Border Security" show, it gives some insight into how CBSA operates.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Steph18 said:
I said I was visiting my husband, and from there, they kept asking more and more, I kept my true story, but they kept me there for almost 6 hours and out of frustration, rage with my husband I made up the story of the money, after that they let me know go... I was going to divorce him. But now a few months have passed and we are fine, we are happy...
Thanks, I see where I could have said "wife" (on one of my re-entries), but used "friends" instead, and in my mind was thinking of her whole family.