+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP PLZ! GAVE WRONG INFO TO IMMIGRATION!

Steph18

Mar 13, 2014
Hello everyone,

I live in Canada, and a few months ago I married someone in his home country, but while I was there, I discovered couple things that he did while we were away like cheating, and other bad things. At that point, I didn't know if I was going to continue with him. So, when I was on my way back to Canada, in the airport immigration made me open my luggage, and started to question me. I had the immigration application and the marriage documents on me, so I told them that I fell in love with him and so on but they reviewed the documents and they kept insisting that there was more and more, that they knew it was a fake marriage, and because I was so upset at the moment and out of rage I told them that his brother paid my ticket and offered me money to marry him :( :( :(. They made copy of all our documents and told me that I was not going to be able to sponsor him because of the obvious reasons.

It has been a few months now, and we are really happy and I really miss him, I really want to bring him to Canada.

IS THERE ANYTHING SOMEONE CAN ADVISE ME I CAN DO?!?! PLEASE! MAYBE SENDING A LETTER EXPLAINING OR CALLING OR SOMETHING... HELP PLEASE!!! THANKS!

Seronic

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014. SA - 26-03-2014
File Transfer...
26-03-2014
Med's Done....
19-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
LANDED..........
15-08-2014
You told immigration that you married him for money? I have no idea what you could possibly do to fix this. Why would you ever tell immigration something like that :/

Steph18

Mar 13, 2014
Seronic said:
You told immigration that you married him for money? I have no idea what you could possibly do to fix this. Why would you ever tell immigration something like that :/
I heard stories when people have done that, and I wanted to hurt my husband at the moment because of what he did to me, I was going to divorce him. But now everything has changed, and we are back to happiness, and I don't know what to do!!!!

Seronic

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014. SA - 26-03-2014
File Transfer...
26-03-2014
Med's Done....
19-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
LANDED..........
15-08-2014
You could always send in the application, with a letter explaining you did it out of anger, though I doubt it will help much. IMO it`s your best bet... but maybe others can offer more help.

Steph18

Mar 13, 2014
Seronic said:
You could always send in the application, with a letter explaining you did it out of anger, though I doubt it will help much. IMO it`s your best bet... but maybe others can offer more help.
Thanks!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
In an attempt to hurt your husband, you have also hurt yourself. It's not quite clear why CIC will say there is more and more - people marry overseas and sponsor their spouses so it would be normal for the sponsor to be returning with the documents.
1. Do you know why they checked your luggage?
2. Did you have photos of your wedding? May be they thought it looked staged or something?
3. Did you marry him on your very first meeting? CIC normally is suspicious in that case.
4. How did you come up with such a story if indeed it was a lie? CIC takes marriage fraud and marriages of convenience seriously.

The copies of all your documents will be saved in the database and any sponsorship application you send will be cross-referenced with it. Anyway, speak to a lawyer and see what they suggest.

Steph18 said:
I heard stories when people have done that, and I wanted to hurt my husband at the moment because of what he did to me, I was going to divorce him. But now everything has changed, and we are back to happiness, and I don't know what to do!!!!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Maybe, if you really want to be together, you should go and live with him instead of trying to bring him to Canada. If that's not acceptable to you, or him, maybe you need to review the relationship after all. This is a question that visa officers often ask during interviews.

M

mikeymyke

zardoz said:
Maybe, if you really want to be together, you should go and live with him instead of trying to bring him to Canada. If that's not acceptable to you, or him, maybe you need to review the relationship after all. This is a question that visa officers often ask during interviews.
I agree, if you really love your husband and want to be with him, you should go live with him instead. If you really truly love him, you should be able to live in his country if his PR application fails, which it probably will because the government copied your documents and your statement that you married for money, that is what true love means. It means being together, regardless of country, because you were supposed to have married him to be with him physically, not for him to gain status.

If it's 100% not acceptable to him to live in his country, and he wants to be in Canada, then you should review your relationship.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Maybe see an anger management therapist and submit a notarized letter that you're going there along with the PR app?

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Steph18 said:
So, when I was on my way back to Canada, in the airport immigration made me open my luggage, and started to question me. I had the immigration application and the marriage documents on me, so I told them that I fell in love with him and so on but they reviewed the documents and they kept insisting that there was more and more, that they knew it was a fake marriage,
Hang on a sec....

So:

1. You're a Canadian citizen (or PR?)
2. You went to another country to marry your spouse

Then you went back to Canada, and upon arrival in Canada, the immigration officer somehow opened your luggage, and saw your marriage documents, and immediately ACCUSED you of a fake marriage??!?!!?!?!? That's really, really, REALLLLLYYYYY bizarre....why would the officer accuse you of such a thing just because you got married abroad?? I don't believe an AIRPORT immigration officer has the right to decide whether a marriage was fake...?! I think you'd have to submit a sponsorship application first.....get yourself approved to sponsor, and have your husband's application transferred to whichever visa office is responsible for processing applications from his country, and then the VO will eventually assess all your relationship proofs, his medical results, criminal history, bla bla bla....that's the formal route (and it doesn't even work perfectly, because there are people who got refused, despite their genuine marriage).

So weird..... =(. You told us the whole story, right?

JRPW

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
2013 (re-med)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Steph18 said:
Hello everyone,

I live in Canada, and a few months I married someone in his home country, but while I was there, I discovered couple things that he did while we were away like cheating, and other bad things. At that point, I didn't know if I was going to continue with him. So, when I was on my way back to Canada, in the airport immigration made me open my luggage, and started to question me. I had the immigration application and the marriage documents on me, so I told them that I fell in love with him and so on but they reviewed the documents and they kept insisting that there was more and more, that they knew it was a fake marriage, and because I was so upset at the moment and out of rage I told them that his brother paid my ticket and offered me money to marry him :( :( :(. They made copy of all our documents and told me that I was not going to be able to sponsor him because of the obvious reasons.

It has been a few months now, and we are really happy and I really miss him, I really want to bring him to Canada.

IS THERE ANYTHING SOMEONE CAN ADVISE ME I CAN DO?!?! PLEASE! MAYBE SENDING A LETTER EXPLAINING OR CALLING OR SOMETHING... HELP PLEASE!!! THANKS!
There has to be more to your story. Your explanation of what happened to you at the airport sounds suspicious.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
I love it! You HAD to know such a story would have irreparable consequences. Life lesson LONG LEARNED. At best, CIC will want to see at least ONE MORE VISIT on your part, with lots of proofs that go along with that visit. (IF that would even help.)

But I agree with the previous posts, something seems to be missing from the OP's story.

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
fandv said:
Hang on a sec....

So:

1. You're a Canadian citizen (or PR?)
2. You went to another country to marry your spouse

Then you went back to Canada, and upon arrival in Canada, the immigration officer somehow opened your luggage, and saw your marriage documents, and immediately ACCUSED you of a fake marriage??!?!!?!?!? That's really, really, REALLLLLYYYYY bizarre....why would the officer accuse you of such a thing just because you got married abroad?? I don't believe an AIRPORT immigration officer has the right to decide whether a marriage was fake...?! I think you'd have to submit a sponsorship application first.....get yourself approved to sponsor, and have your husband's application transferred to whichever visa office is responsible for processing applications from his country, and then the VO will eventually assess all your relationship proofs, his medical results, criminal history, bla bla bla....that's the formal route (and it doesn't even work perfectly, because there are people who got refused, despite their genuine marriage).

So weird..... =(. You told us the whole story, right?
It's possible that she had the documents in her carry on luggage and they were doing random checks...? I can't see why they would question her getting married abroad if she was coming back into Canada - seems very weird to be honest. Not sure why they would 'review the documents', that's not really in their job description.
Why make up the part about his brother paying her ticket, though? Why would his brother pay her to marry this guy? I wonder if the marriage actually IS fake and they somehow found out and now she's trying to fix it.
Sorry.. I'm just sceptical.

Steph18

Mar 13, 2014
SenoritaBella said:
In an attempt to hurt your husband, you have also hurt yourself. It's not quite clear why CIC will say there is more and more - people marry overseas and sponsor their spouses so it would be normal for the sponsor to be returning with the documents.
1. Do you know why they checked your luggage?
2. Did you have photos of your wedding? May be they thought it looked staged or something?
3. Did you marry him on your very first meeting? CIC normally is suspicious in that case.
4. How did you come up with such a story if indeed it was a lie? CIC takes marriage fraud and marriages of convenience seriously.

The copies of all your documents will be saved in the database and any sponsorship application you send will be cross-referenced with it. Anyway, speak to a lawyer and see what they suggest.
1. Yes, I knew they would check my luggage.
2. I had the photos we took with my phone.
3. We have been dating online for almost a year. Yes, I married him in my first visit there.
4. I heard those stories before, and the immigration officer kept asking and asking, and I was extremely upset...

Steph18

Mar 13, 2014
zardoz said:
We will live together either in his country or in Canada.