+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed for Genereic Application form IMM0008ENU

saurabhmkj

Nov 16, 2014
Hi Guys,
The 4th question in this form asks for 4)Immigration Office requested for processing this application

I am applying under CEC category as software engineer...currently in India. Can you please guide me what should I mention for this question.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
saurabhmkj said:
Hi Guys,
The 4th question in this form asks for 4)Immigration Office requested for processing this application

I am applying under CEC category as software engineer...currently in India. Can you please guide me what should I mention for this question.
The answer is CPC-Ottawa.

Best of luck,

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
saurabhmkj said:
Since I am filing it from India...shouldn't it be New Delhi India?? please suggest.
You are correct, as per the application guide for CEC, if you are outside Canada, you should send your application to a Visa Office in your country. In your case, New Delhi.

Application guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp#5609E5
Visa Office: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/new-delhi.asp

saurabhmkj

Nov 16, 2014
Guys I am confused with 2 opposite opinions -

One link says that the case processing center should be Ottawa, but does not mention anything different for someone applying from outside -

Specific instructions for Canadian Experience Class
Specific instructions to fill the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)

Follow the general instructions below as well as these specific instructions to fill the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008):

Question 1: select “Economic” as the Program under which you are applying;
Question 2: select “Canadian experience class” as the Category;
Question 4: indicate "Case Processing Centre – Ottawa" as the immigration office requested for the processing of your application.

There is another link which says that all new applications should be mailed to Sydney, Nova Scotia

NOTE: All new economic immigration applications must first be mailed to the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada.
All new family sponsorship applications must first be mailed to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

Someone please help me out with the correct details...

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
saurabhmkj said:
Guys I am confused with 2 opposite opinions -

One link says that the case processing center should be Ottawa, but does not mention anything different for someone applying from outside -

Specific instructions for Canadian Experience Class
Specific instructions to fill the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)

Follow the general instructions below as well as these specific instructions to fill the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008):

Question 1: select “Economic” as the Program under which you are applying;
Question 2: select “Canadian experience class” as the Category;
Question 4: indicate "Case Processing Centre – Ottawa" as the immigration office requested for the processing of your application.

There is another link which says that all new applications should be mailed to Sydney, Nova Scotia

NOTE: All new economic immigration applications must first be mailed to the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada.
All new family sponsorship applications must first be mailed to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

Someone please help me out with the correct details...
The confusion is what I had gone through during my application, so I understand :)

There are two offices, one where all applications are received (Centralized Intake Office) and another processing office (Visa Center).

All applications are sent to Sydney, Nova Scotia irrespective of country of residence. The Visa Office on the other hand depends on the country of residence. For applicants inside Canada, it is CPC-Ottawa, and a Visa Office that serves the country of residence for outside Canada applicants.

For your case, since you live in India, you will choose New Delhi.

That being said, you can also select CPC-Ottawa, but your passport requests and stamping will be done in Canada and not India. So don't see a point for Non Canadian residents to choose Ottawa as their processing office :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
saurabhmkj said:
Hi Guys,

That question has been removed from the latest version of IMM 0008. Make sure all your forms are the most recent version before submitting your application. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp