+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP***My PGWP is expring in March

daniyu

Jan 17, 2017
Hello guys,

Help me out here please. :(
I'm in AB and I got my nomination # in August, application to CIC was sent out late october-beginning of November.
I do not have an exact date and I don't know how to find that out, and I also don't know how to find out what my application # is, therefore I cannot check my status online/link the application to my account.

On Jan 15 the CIC office took out $550 from my bank account, but I still have not received an AOR from them.

Now because my work permit is expiring :eek: in March and I'm getting worried so I need to apply for work permit extension.
Without an AOR, I will have to apply for a closed work permit, which (I believe) my company needs to do an LMIA for me and that will take at least 1.5 months to complete. By the time it's done my visa will also be expired.

So here are the questions:
1. How to find out my application number?
2. What does it mean when CIC charged me $550?
3. Is there any other way to apply for a work permit? (any kind)

Many thanks for providing any useful info ;D

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
daniyu said:
Hello guys,

Help me out here please. :(
I'm in AB and I got my nomination # in August, application to CIC was sent out late october-beginning of November.
I do not have an exact date and I don't know how to find that out, and I also don't know how to find out what my application # is, therefore I cannot check my status online/link the application to my account.

On Jan 15 the CIC office took out $550 from my bank account, but I still have not received an AOR from them.

Now because my work permit is expiring :eek: in March and I'm getting worried so I need to apply for work permit extension.
Without an AOR, I will have to apply for a closed work permit, which (I believe) my company needs to do an LMIA for me and that will take at least 1.5 months to complete. By the time it's done my visa will also be expired.

So here are the questions:
1. How to find out my application number?
2. What does it mean when CIC charged me $550?
3. Is there any other way to apply for a work permit? (any kind)

Many thanks for providing any useful info ;D
Option 1: Apply LIMA exempt work permit with provincial nomination certificate

Option 2: Wait until you receive an email with your application number, and apply bridging open work permit.

daniyu

Jan 17, 2017
wicaact said:
Option 1: Apply LIMA exempt work permit with provincial nomination certificate

Option 2: Wait until you receive an email with your application number, and apply bridging open work permit.
Do I have enough time to apply for the LMIA exempt work permit?
Is this where I go to apply?
International Mobility Program: Employer-specific work permits with Labour Market Impact Assessment exemptions

Baanayaad

Mar 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28/07/14 (AINP), 12/02/16 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
13/07/16
Nomination.....
22/08/15
AOR Received.
21/04/16
Med's Done....
10-01-2017 (passed)
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
If CIC charged your card, that means you should receive AOR any day now, otherwise, they would have sent it back by now for incompletion.

When you get your AOR email, submit an application to CIC for a bridging open work permit.

daniyu

Jan 17, 2017
Baanayaad said:
If CIC charged your card, that means you should receive AOR any day now, otherwise, they would have sent it back by now for incompletion.

When you get your AOR email, submit an application to CIC for a bridging open work permit.
I really hope so :/
Thank you!

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
daniyu said:
Do I have enough time to apply for the LMIA exempt work permit?
Is this where I go to apply?
International Mobility Program: Employer-specific work permits with Labour Market Impact Assessment exemptions
Yes, with provincial nomination you don't need LMIA, but your employer needs to pay a $230 fee.