+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP I checked online - decision has been made!

SabinaNie

Jun 6, 2008
I checked my status online and I have new post- a decission has been made from Detroit office, what does it mean? I didn't get request for medicals yet....

Thanks!

glparker4

Jun 7, 2007
Not to shock you, but "Decision Made" before receiving medicals usually indicates rejection. All applicants must successfully complete medicals to be considered admissible. However, there have been situations when e-cas changed to "Decision Made" accidentally when medical forms were sent to the applicant. Did you have an interview or IA or any request for additional documents yet?

SabinaNie

Jun 6, 2008
Nothing from the office yet.... I called my lawyer he was also surprised with such a post. He said there is no possibility that I don't have enough points. He thinks just like you- they made decision about my interview.
Finger crossed :)

klealgarcia

Jan 27, 2009
Sabina,

what happen to your applicant. did you get refused or send request for medicals as I am in the same situation as you right now. please advise as soon as possible

hamieh

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-April-2006
Passport Req..
4-May-2010(received by visa office)
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
28 june 2010
i had the same case and till now i didnt get no reply,i found out too many people facing the same problem as us,however most of them assures its a definite rejection.

kindly let me know guys whenever you receive the letter,i will do the same when i receive it.

Thanks

satha73

Star Member
Jan 31, 2009
hi all................is it means that the online status changing to decision made in london CHC after updation of file is rejected before receiving any interview waiver or medical

A

Albertagoverner

SabinaNie said:
I checked my status online and I have new post- a decission has been made from Detroit office, what does it mean? I didn't get request for medicals yet....

Thanks!

Hello SabinaNie:

I am curious any update positive or Negative? Same situation is mine. I think they are more critically making decision on applications represented by CIC Consultants or Lawyer rather individually presented by himself..

hamieh

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-April-2006
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
28 june 2010
any update guys !!!!!any one received any kind of letter !!!!

satha73

Star Member
Jan 31, 2009
guys please update any letters that you received from CHC where the status showing decision made but before medicals.

Q

qenawy8

dear sir
do you meet the criteria of federal skilled worker list witch is published on 28th November 2008

if you dont meet it & you have applied between 28 th february & 28 november so unfortunately it means you are rejected

klealgarcia

Jan 27, 2009
I want to appeal for Decision Made regarding my application

Hi,

I have just received a letter from CHC London refusing my application for immigration. I would like to share my score with you guys so you can be able to know if I have any chance to be considered:

Education : 15
Language: 12
Experience: 21
Adaptability: 5
------

I would like to appeal why they have only given me 15 on education when I have finished a 3 year diploma in hotel restaurant management. My application was filled on June 26, 2006 before they have issued the 38 occupation. Should i be scored as 20 in education since I have a 3 year diploma.

Please let me know if someone can give me an advise regarding my status.

Thank you.

KLG

A

Albertagoverner

Re: I want to appeal for Decision Made regarding my application

klealgarcia said:
Hi,

I have just received a letter from CHC London refusing my application for immigration. I would like to share my score with you guys so you can be able to know if I have any chance to be considered:

------

I would like to appeal why they have only given me 15 on education when I have finished a 3 year diploma in hotel restaurant management. My application was filled on June 26, 2006 before they have issued the 38 occupation. Should i be scored as 20 in education since I have a 3 year diploma.

Thank you.

KLG
I always suggest that have your education evaluation ready from American or Canadian educational service. It is because if you don't have evaluation made by American or Canadian evaluation service, then Visa Officer/Program officer always use thier Discretion especially when it is a foreign Qualification. You believed that 3 year diploma is equal to 3 years of Bachelor Degree, which makes you qualified in your eyes not is Program Officer's eye. There are lots of thing mentioned is application form and instructions that "Full time 15 years of education or Bachelor degree" will give you 22 points, which is a little bit tactical to establish 15 years of education in Visa officers' eye and get you 22 points!!

One more thing that they are working Globally, They have all the list of educational institutes/Universities/Colleges/Polytechnic and they know what can be equal to degree based qualification as an example: If you claim that My friend had one bachelors from University of New York and Masters from George Washington University, Washington DC and he got 25 points!! and then you say that I had one Bachelors from Columbia University of New York and 2 years of Graduate Diploma from University of Pheonix through Online system and I couldn't get 25 points So that's where CIC make their own decision!!

A

Albertagoverner

Re: I want to appeal for Decision Made regarding my application

Albertagoverner said:
klealgarcia said:
Hi,

------

Thank you.

KLG
I always suggest that have your education evaluation ready from American or Canadian educational service. It is because if you don't have evaluation made by American or Canadian evaluation service, then Visa Officer/Program officer always use thier Discretion especially when it is a foreign Qualification. You believed that 3 year diploma is equal to 3 years of Bachelor Degree, which makes you qualified in your eyes not is Program Officer's eye. There are lots of thing mentioned is application form and instructions that "Full time 15 years of education or Bachelor degree" will give you 22 points, which is a little bit tactical to establish 15 years of education in Visa officers' eye and get you 22 points!!

One more thing that they are working Globally, They have all the list of educational institutes/Universities/Colleges/Polytechnic and they know what can be equal to degree based qualification as an example: If you claim that My friend had one bachelors from University of New York and Masters from George Washington University, Washington DC and he got 25 points!! and then you say that I had one Bachelors from Columbia University of New York and 2 years of Graduate Diploma from University of Pheonix through Online system and I couldn't get 25 points So that's where CIC make their own decision!!
Did you apply through represntative or by self? In case of representative, was he/she just CCIC member or a Lawyer as per the defintion under Canadian Law Society and member of Canada Bar Association? I will suggest that if you appleal do it so in April once Immigration Minister Mr. Kenney finishes his meeting with Federal, Provincial and Municipal Govt. That meeting is supposed to happen at end of March!

hamieh

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-April-2006
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
28 june 2010
Guys..i did receive my rejection letter,the letter indicated that i earned 55 points and whats really shocking is that i got zero on language.

Im graudate of an american university back home also studied couple of years in USA and worked for almost three years in a canadian company in Gulf...

im thinking to appeal ,please guys let me know your view and what you recommend me to do !

A

Albertagoverner

hamieh said:
Guys..i did receive my rejection letter,the letter indicated that i earned 55 points and whats really shocking is that i got zero on language.

Im graudate of an american university back home also studied couple of years in USA and worked for almost three years in a canadian company in Gulf...

im thinking to appeal ,please guys let me know your view and what you recommend me to do !
That's what they are doing. Ontario lost 129,000 jobs, Sasketchewan lost thousands job, British Columbia lost jobs. The applications now they are accepting are mostly Provincial Nominees and FSW with 38 occupations. Either way appeal is going to take same as fresh new application. Re-assesss you points and apply under new FSW 38 occupations (if you fall under) and then wait for new results which will declare around feb-March 2010 if apply at Buffalo CIC. By that time things will be better and hopefully you will get it under new application wth FSW. Visa rejection rate and job lost/economy are parallal to each other. They don't want thousands of people coming with PR Visa and dying for a job where average Canadian is loosing his/her job. The Strategy behind applying 38 occupation list law retrospectively, was the same where they declare the law in Nov 2008 and enforced it from February 2008. Or go to Canadian University be there gradute and then apply under IGC International Graduate Class.