+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! I am applying to bring parents from India Super visa or visitor visa - Which is faster?

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
Please help, I am bringing my inlaws - which visa will be faster consider the COVID situation.

divakariyer

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
06-02-2019
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-11-2019
Please help, I am bringing my inlaws - which visa will be faster consider the COVID situation.
In my opinion, purely based on processing time that are currently reflected. I would say choose visitors visa instead of super visa as it would take longer to get it approved. Additionally, if you can prove reason for their visit as essential, under PHAC category. That would make the approval even faster. All the best.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
From india - biometrics are not done yet.
Assume your spouse is a PR or citizen. She must invite her parents. You won't be able to do biometrics in India at the moment so unless you go to Dubai or Nepal neither TRV or supervisa will be processed.

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
In my opinion, purely based on processing time that are currently reflected. I would say choose visitors visa instead of super visa as it would take longer to get it approved. Additionally, if you can prove reason for their visit as essential, under PHAC category. That would make the approval even faster. All the best.
thank you very much for the response

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
PHAC is for very specific reasons where you need immediate travel like a funeral, medical emergency, etc.

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
Assume your spouse is a PR or citizen. She must invite her parents. You won't be able to do biometrics in India at the moment so unless you go to Dubai or Nepal neither TRV or supervisa will be processed.
is there any other option to get biometrics done.

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
I don't think in-laws qualifies for a super visa. I might be wrong.
My spouse is PR as well. but looks like the processing time is long. So I would need to go with Visitor visa with PHAC category

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My spouse is PR as well. but looks like the processing time is long. So I would need to go with Visitor visa with PHAC category
Many are being asked to get biometrics when they apply via PHAC unless they truly have reasons for immediate travel like sudden hospitalization. Many seem to be incorrectly using the program for a normal pregnancy so are not getting around the biometric requirement. You can’t just apply for PHAC because you don’t want to wait for access to biometrics.

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
Many are being asked to get biometrics when they apply via PHAC unless they truly have reasons for immediate travel like sudden hospitalization. Many seem to be incorrectly using the program for a normal pregnancy so are not getting around the biometric requirement. You can’t just apply for PHAC because you don’t want to wait for access to biometrics.
Okay.
I dont get this point
"Many seem to be incorrectly using the program for a normal pregnancy so are not getting around the biometric requirement."
Do you mean to say people applying for PHAC for incorrect reasons will not get biometric?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Okay.
I dont get this point
"Many seem to be incorrectly using the program for a normal pregnancy so are not getting around the biometric requirement."
Do you mean to say people applying for PHAC for incorrect reasons will not get biometric?
If it is clearly an emergency time sensitive situation like imminent death and biometrics are not available in the country, the visitor may be approved to travel without biometrics.