+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help help Pakistanis, Awarded full scholarship but online application !!!

haseebhaseeb30

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
I have been awarded almost a full scholarship at York University that covers about 95 percent of all of my expenses for 4 years of undergraduate studies. I submitted my online application on 24th June, 2014 and later submitted my biometrics on 2nd July, 2014. The normal processing time for online applications written on the CIC website is 14 days but it has been over 51 days since I submitted my application and yet I have not received any call for medical test or police certificate and neither have they asked me to submit my original passport. I sent a mail to Islamabad visa enquiry email and they told me its under process/review.
Can I go to the Islamabad canadian embassy or visa office by myself and ask them to speed up the process?
My classes are going to start on 8th September, 2014. What should I do, I am going into the state of depression.
Moreover, where is my application being processed, in Islamabad or in Toronto where my university is?
What is the best possible solution to speed up the process, can the dean of my university help me in this regard?

nmunirali

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
dont panic dear it usually take time and on cic web whatever states its not always true, if you got reply against ur mail thats conform they have ur files but at time of submission have u submitted all required docs for online apply. if yes then u should wait u will sure get ur positive response. has its peak time, and they see files as they received and reply when they fill appropriate so wait till their reply

hopeful_786

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
haseebhaseeb30 said:
I have been awarded almost a full scholarship at York University that covers about 95 percent of all of my expenses for 4 years of undergraduate studies. I submitted my online application on 24th June, 2014 and later submitted my biometrics on 2nd July, 2014. The normal processing time for online applications written on the CIC website is 14 days but it has been over 51 days since I submitted my application and yet I have not received any call for medical test or police certificate and neither have they asked me to submit my original passport. I sent a mail to Islamabad visa enquiry email and they told me its under process/review.
Can I go to the Islamabad canadian embassy or visa office by myself and ask them to speed up the process?
My classes are going to start on 8th September, 2014. What should I do, I am going into the state of depression.
Moreover, where is my application being processed, in Islamabad or in Toronto where my university is?
What is the best possible solution to speed up the process, can the dean of my university help me in this regard?
Chota Bhai...

1. Police Certificate was to be submitted by you at time of application..did you submit it ?

2. Did you submit Bank Statement (Most of scholarship student do this blunder, they don't submit bank statement, but minimum of $ 10, 000(Personal Expenses for one year) is needed to submit ?

3. You cannot go directly to CHC-Islamabad.

4. If you applied online....your application goes directly to CIC office in Mississauga.

5. If applied paper based, Visa officer at Islamabad embassy assess applications.

6. Only ALLAH can help you at this stage just pray to ALLAH.

7. Although, you can email CIC for your application status.

haseebhaseeb30

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
I asked them through through the islamabad canadian embassy inquiry email about 2 weeks ago and they said it is currently under review/process. And one more thing, to show financial support for my other few expenses that might not be covered by my university, I showed them a bank statement of my uncle with his signature on a letter, but that bank statement was for his business activities where money is rapidly going out and coming in everyday and at certain points, it also got lower than 1 lakh rupees, will it affect my application even if I have that scholarship?
And when they make these delays, is it a sign that you will get a rejection?

haseebhaseeb30

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
No, I did not submit my police certificate. Its mentioned on the CIC website that u submit ur police certificate when the CIC ask you to submit it.
There is an option of uploading extra document on the online account at CIC, should I submit my police certificate there?

nmunirali

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
hope for best,, but i see one weak point in ur application that u show ur uncle bank statement. even though u got scholarship u should show ur parents bank statement, that they are financing you for living expenses and traveling

haseebhaseeb30

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
my parents were not having an account in bank, i also read it on CIC website that u can show ur relative's bank statement who will be ur financial supporter, but he needs to aknowledge it by writing a letter and putting his/her signature on it and I did submit his letter along with his bank statement. One more thing, the file size of bank statement was exceeding 2MB which cant be uploaded, so instead I showed 9 pages out of 30 pages of his bank statement.
Beginning from January to June, I showed the starting and ending pages of each month and didnt have the space to show every page. Is it fine or will it pose a problem, the visa office just need to verify it that the bank statement is valid or not, isnt it?

hopeful_786

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
haseebhaseeb30 said:
I asked them through through the islamabad canadian embassy inquiry email about 2 weeks ago and they said it is currently under review/process. And one more thing, to show financial support for my other few expenses that might not be covered by my university, I showed them a bank statement of my uncle with his signature on a letter, but that bank statement was for his business activities where money is rapidly going out and coming in everyday and at certain points, it also got lower than 1 lakh rupees, will it affect my application even if I have that scholarship?
And when they make these delays, is it a sign that you will get a rejection?
Chota Bhai:

1. Apko kisi sa mshowra zaroor karna chaya tha..before applying....Pakistan ki documents checklist ko follow karna parta hai....Police Certificate na attach karna..it's like application is complete...but kuch bhi hoo sakta hai...

2. Bank statement blood relation ki chalti hai....

nmunirali

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
firstly they need three month bank statement for online application and secondly it is obvious if u skip some pages from statement then it will surely create some alarm in visa officers mind so hope for best and dont panic and pray for best outcome thats visa

haseebhaseeb30

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
how do I contact the visa office at Missisuaga, can any relative of mine who is in Toronto visit the visa office at Missisuaga and request them in speeding up the process?

mohsinis

Feb 3, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ontario
haseebhaseeb30 said:
Did you receive the International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction? I also got that from York University. Applied on 18th June and did the biometrics on the 25th. Haven't heard from them since.

hopeful_786

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
haseebhaseeb30 said:
how do I contact the visa office at Missisuaga, can any relative of mine who is in Toronto visit the visa office at Missisuaga and request them in speeding up the process?
O nahi bhai..hosla rakhi aab...this like A baail mujha maar....

Personal Study Plan likh kar submit kia tha...Statement of Purpose?

haseebhaseeb30

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
yes bro, its that Int.Entrance Scholarship and im gonna kill myself if didnt get the visa due to these slight mistakes , all of my grades and achievements and scholarship, OH God, i cant live with this thought that i did everything and got everything but the stupid bank statement killed my visa

haseebhaseeb30

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
no, i did not submit any statement of purpose, this document was not required in online application, i didnt read anything related to it that should be submitted, i think u submit it only in paper application

hopeful_786

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
haseebhaseeb30 said:
no, i did not submit any statement of purpose, this document was not required in online application, i didnt read anything related to it that should be submitted, i think u submit it only in paper application
dude seriously agar aapka visa lag gaya tau bahut bada maujza hoo ga.....and ghariboon mai daig batna...