+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Extend to stay for visit

zhangyue1994

Jul 19, 2010
My mother is a 10 year multiple entry visa holder. Because it only allows to stay max 6 month every time. I planned my wedding in summer. So she applied to extend her stay and she was requested for a medical exam, which had been completed. However, she had to go back to our country after staying another month because of some family issue (7 months in total), and we postponed my wedding to October. The extension visit paper expires in September. She came to Canada again in August and thought she could stay for another 6 months. However, the officer stamped on her passport with September 10th, 2013. Does that mean she has to apply to extend her stay again if she wants to stay for more time? This is so weird.. It looks like all that was because she showed the visit permit paper.. Otherwise, she could stay for another 6 months by default. Can anyone help? Does she have to apply for extension again? Cause she doesn't speak English, she doesn't know what the officer told her. All we could see is the date on the stamp on the passport. Thanks!!