+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help and advice needed for the Young Professional IEC documents please!

LeKiwiSuisse

Jan 28, 2015
Hi,
So I've done my Kompass application and I have received my CAL (Conditional Acceptance letter.) I have created my MyCIC account. The letter said that I would need to upload my CAL letter when I set up the account and I didn't see where to do that. Can anyone clarify?

I've been told by the system to fill out an IMM1295E which I hope is the correct form (can anyone confirm please?) and then am asked to provide a bunch of documents, some of which are a bit confusing and I'd love some advice on.

- Document Employment Record: "You must provide proof of each of your current and previous work experiences.Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available."

So does this mean my work history? Or just does 'previous work experience' refer to a previous work experience like an internship? I have over 10 years of work history for well over 10 companies and it seems a bit overkill. Especially as a CV is requested as well...and references from prev. employers in the last 2 years...

- Itinerary
As I'm already in Canada can I just write a note and upload to the effect that I'm already in the country?

- Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered
Do I upload the CAL letter here?

Would love to hear how others are doing with their applications and the docs they are being asked to provide...

My full doc list is:
Employment Records (required)
Itinerary, Travel (required)
CV/Resume (required)
Passport or travel document (required)
Employment Contract (required)
IMM5802 Offer of Employment to a Foreign National LMIA-Exempt (required)
Digital Photo (required)
Letter from Current Employer (required)
Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required)
Employment Reference Letter (required)
Employer Payment Receipt (required)
Proof of Fee Exemption (required)

Thanks!!!

LeKiwiSuisse

Jan 28, 2015
Re: Help and advice needed for the Young Professional CIC documents please!

So I figured it out that I did have the wrong document list... and here is why - when it asked me if I had a job offer I said yes... and you need to say no. (I know, confusing, right? To apply for a YP visa you need a job offer but I'm guessing as it doesn't need to be an LMIA approved job, it doesn't count?) Now I have a much easier list of documents to provide. Meanwhile this French tutorial on pvtistes dot net called tutoriel pvt canada 2015 eic moncic (can't post the link but google and it'll come up) was super helpful. I wish Canada had such a clear and concise document to go by, this certainly helps a lot!

Here is the list of documents you should have (plus or minus a few depending on your country of origin... some countries need extra things like a police check (like NZ) and others don't (like switzerland) as if a Swiss person is less likely to be a criminal, idk.

Application Form(s)
Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295) (Opens a new window)

Supporting Documents
Itinerary, Travel Instructions
IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter Instructions
Offer of Employment Instructions
CV/Resume Instructions
Passport or travel document Instructions
IMM5802 Offer of Employment to a Foreign National LMIA-Exempt Instructions
Digital Photo Instructions
Employer Payment Receipt Instructions
Family Information Form (IMM5707) (Opens a new window)

Hopes this helps anyone who got a bit lost with this!

Mar 6, 2015
Hi I am doing the same thing like you

What does my employer need to do?

I am a bit confused with that. When doing my application do I say no if I have a job and then select whv and yp?

I want to apply for both without being stuck as I can get a job offer.