+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help : Affordable university for International students

stanone

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Hi guys please i would really appreciate your help on finding a cheap / affordable university for an international student . I am interested in coming into Canada to study / work but i really need to find an affordable / cheap university . I would appreciate your reply .

Bizenjo

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Brock University in St. Catherine's has a fee of $14790 .Others may Trent university. But if you want cheaper than this then the best option for you is to get into a college its almost half fee of the university.

stanone

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Bizenjo said:
Brock University in St. Catherine's has a fee of $14790 .Others may Trent university. But if you want cheaper than this then the best option for you is to get into a college its almost half fee of the university.
Can you suggest a college thats affordable

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Holland College (PEI province) , very affordable

stanone

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
would check holland college out , any others ? . Also can i study and work while i am in college?

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ammm .. let's see do you really have to .. want to? , you can if you want to but part time, but don't expect to be working and studying at the same time , it would spoil your chances of getting a work permit for full time after graduating . I think memorial university , university of prince edward ISland are very affordable one's. I have applied to Holland College my self .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For the first six months you can only work part time on-campus (i.e. at the university). After six months you can apply for a off-campus work permit.

ryan28Dubai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2011
Yes Obeid is right..if you want cheap then Colleges are best..there is no huge difference between colleges and Uni..try douglas college in BC..besides colleges are more career oriented and will streamline you to a job and one particular career but unis have a very broad scope and you can branch out in any field you want...

But the job opportunities in colleges are very limited..you cannot work off-campus for the first 6 months...if you want a job for the first 6 months then unis are better but again they are more expensive..so you go to weigh them both to reach a decision..

Aurko

Jan 17, 2011
You can try university of waterloo,it has the largest co-op program and also provides scholarships(upto $10k) if you have a good academic result.

Bizenjo

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Affordable colleges , If you want to go to Toronto then the best options for you are Seneca and Humber college. Both are affiliated with respected universities and are affordable as well..
Cheers !

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
WHAT IS THE FEE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION DIPLOMA 3 YRS FOR INT. STUDENT ?? I SAW THE WEBSITE THEY MENTION $5,957.00 FOR 1 YEAR, WHY SENECA SO CHEAP OTHER THEN HUMBER GEORGE CENTENNIAL THEIR FEES ARE ABOUT $11,500 TO $12,000 PER YEAR

emma1983

Feb 1, 2011
I guess the fee you saw from Seneca College is for one semster....

There is no big different from different Colleges

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Ur inbox is full.
i cannot send you msg.
plz delete ur msgs.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
If u want to attend more affordable colleges or universities, then stop looking at only Ontario and BC colleges/ unis, these places are expensive and costly in terms of fees and also living cost! so silly to just consider only those schools. U should consider places like Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Alberta. U can consider U of Regina and Uni of Manitoba, way much cheaper than those in Ont and BC and living cost is way cheaper as well!

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ stanone what is your budget, in other words how much can you afford or willing to spend on a University education?