+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hello TIGER007 SIR Need Your Expert Opinion

Hardeep84

Apr 16, 2013
I have secured admission in Wilfred Laurier University – 1 year MBA program starting Sep 2013. Since the program is of one year, I will be getting a year post graduation work permit. I am certain that I will not be able to recover my MBA expenses in one year. My questions:

1. How easy it is to extend ones stay after the one year post graduation work permit expires?
2. If I have to return to India after one year, how valuable is the Wilfred Laurier MBA in India?

My profile:
Engineer from Mumbai University
4 years experience in Indian IT firm
Managing a small manufacturing start up for the last 2 years

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
Hardeep84 said:
I have secured admission in Wilfred Laurier University – 1 year MBA program starting Sep 2013. Since the program is of one year, I will be getting a year post graduation work permit. I am certain that I will not be able to recover my MBA expenses in one year. My questions:

1. How easy it is to extend ones stay after the one year post graduation work permit expires?
2. If I have to return to India after one year, how valuable is the Wilfred Laurier MBA in India?

My profile:
Mr Hardeep, congrats for your admission. (I hope you have secured some great GMAT Score)

After completion of one year PGWP you can extend your stay with help of LMO (which is basically obtained with help of your employer)
it seems that you have good education so securing a average paying job will not be a big difficulty, but yes getting work permit extension by way of LMO is not that eazy.
If you return after completion of MBA nad work permit you can still apply for PR under CEC class (Canadian Experience Class-if you have one yr of work experience in Canada). About value and accredition of MBA in India depends on your prospective employer or job title other wise Indian employer even give value to fake degrees you will be still a abroad return.

If you could give essence of you cost of studies at wifred I could give you a vague idea how much you can earn back easily

Take Care

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
Hardeep84 said:
Hi Jitu,

Thank you for your inputs. Cost of Studies is $30,000 + incidentals.

Regards,
Hardeep
Its cheap in comparison to other MBA program.
If you have good IT knowledge you will make double of it. Otherwise covering expenses will not be a big deal.

A manual tester with basic HPQC or Mercury QC skills and SQL knowledge make 48-60k per annum. ooops taxes are 30% of that

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
Hardeep84 said:

My profile:
Well Bro, I'm in the same situation as you are. I have also got MBA admission for 1yr program and not able to decide whether should go for it or not, as 1yr work permit is little less to secure PR in Canada.
Also not sure if after 1yr work the company will help with workpermit and LMO etc....

tiger007

Champion Member
Hardeep84 said:

My profile:

Jitu1011 said:
Mr Hardeep, congrats for your admission. (I hope you have secured some great GMAT Score)

After completion of one year PGWP you can extend your stay with help of LMO (which is basically obtained with help of your employer)
it seems that you have good education so securing a average paying job will not be a big difficulty, but yes getting work permit extension by way of LMO is not that eazy.
If you return after completion of MBA nad work permit you can still apply for PR under CEC class (Canadian Experience Class-if you have one yr of work experience in Canada). About value and accredition of MBA in India depends on your prospective employer or job title other wise Indian employer even give value to fake degrees you will be still a abroad return.

If you could give essence of you cost of studies at wifred I could give you a vague idea how much you can earn back easily

Take Care
Hi,

Apart from what is mentioned by fellow forum member - Jitu1011, I would say... you should try to find a full time skilled job as soon as you complete your course/ by the time you receive PGWP. Remember, you will have a grace period of 3 months/90 days... within which you must apply for PGWP. Hence you will have atleast 1-2 months extra time to look for job (while you apply for and your PGWP arrives). After compelting 1 year of full time skilled job, it will make you eligible for immigration under CEC or other PNP (6-12 months). After having applied, and awaiting the decision on your PR, and if your PGWP is about to expire, new “Bridging” Open Work Permits are being introduced, which will let you keep working, while a decision on your PR comes. There will be no need of LMO and other lengthy procedures, provided, you manage to submitted your PR application before your PGWP expires.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2012-12-17.asp

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too

Hardeep84

Apr 16, 2013
Hello Tiger007,

Thank you for your advice. You are awesome!
What is opinion on the value of MBA degree from Wilfred Laurier in India? Is it worth spending $30,000?

Regards,
Hardeep

tiger007

Champion Member
Hardeep84 said:
What is opinion on the value of MBA degree from Wilfred Laurier in India? Is it worth spending $30,000?
Hi,

Really depends on you.. how well you can leverage your Canadian MBA degree..here in India... and I think... Unless you have strong industry connection, networking.. few years of top quality management work ex in Canadian corporate... I doubt, how much a Canadian MBA alone, will be useful in India. If you plan to come back to India immediately after MBA..then why go to Canada...? Why don't you try to crack CAT, and try to get into IIMs or other top class B-schools in India? Top grade MBAs like those from IIMs... will be much more useful for you to get a top notch corporate job... here in India... as compared to a Canadian MBA. On other hand.. the Wilfred Laurier MBA will be much more helpful in Canada. Also..if you wnat to come back to India with a foreign MBA... you can consider U.S, Australia, NZ, UK other European countries etc. too. And ultimately.. finding a job will be on your skills, networking abilities, academics, profile coupled with other factors such as luck. So.. you got to decide.

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

Hardeep84

Apr 16, 2013
Hello Tiger,

I plan to work for at least one year or more if luck favors and then return to India.
Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,
Hardeep

karanromi

Apr 22, 2013
Hi Hardeep,

I have also got a call from Wilfrid Laurier 1 year MBA program. I plan to join it, it would be great if you can share your contact details with me so that we can discuss on WLU MBA. Also it is great that I found you here, I am cuurently working in Pune as Software Engineer.

kapatk

Apr 14, 2012
Hi,
I also have an admit from Wilfred, 1 year full time MBA.
Karanromi can u please share your email. We can network.

Regards,
Kunal

manoj katta

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
kapatk said:
Hi,
I also have an admit from Wilfred, 1 year full time MBA.
Karanromi can u please share your email. We can network.

Regards,
Kunal

did u give ur gmat bro to get admitted to the univ..:)