+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health Insurance card

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In which Province you are settled?. Rules for provincial/territorial health insurance coverage have different waiting period. It is not mandatory to obtain driver's licence prior to getting a health card.

ErickNL

Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just applied for mine (regular work permit) at a registry in Edmonton. The whole process took 10 minutes to complete and the nice lady at the desk told me my card would be in the mail within the next 2 weeks. All you need to bring is your passport with your work permit (or PR card I would imagine) and a piece of mail with your address on it.

lovekoto

May 27, 2013
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila-Phils
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arunnagpal said:
I am a PR, how long it takes to get health insurance card after you get driver's license?
I think from what ive read its 3 months..

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
ErickNL said:
I just applied for mine (regular work permit) at a registry in Edmonton. The whole process took 10 minutes to complete and the nice lady at the desk told me my card would be in the mail within the next 2 weeks. All you need to bring is your passport with your work permit (or PR card I would imagine) and a piece of mail with your address on it.
Are you sure your not talking about the social insurance number?

ErickNL

Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Spikey92 said:
Are you sure your not talking about the social insurance number?
Nope, it was my Alberta Healthcare. I just got my card in the mail, took less then 2 weeks.

NN74

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long it takes in Toronto?

ErickNL said:
Nope, it was my Alberta Healthcare. I just got my card in the mail, took less then 2 weeks.