+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Having trouble taking photo at walmart and walgreens in USA

kabilapatila

Apr 22, 2009
http://www.epassportphoto.com/

try this and then go to wallmart and take print. I used it for my medical forms photos..

genio

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
Hi. Just my personal experience, I don't remember the cost, but I was surprized that at a local foto shop that does studio type photography, they could not even do the correct fotos for me. I had to go to another town for them. An aside, I see you are in Iowa, I was born in Council Bluffs Iowa, lived in 3 other states, and been in Canada 39 years. Hope all goes well for you.

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2011, pick up friday !
Don't these photos need to be stamped with a date and a photographer's name. I really doubt you can just do this on your own... there are specifics that needs to be fallowed.....

Just try to find a professional studio...Walmart and walgreen do photography but it is of very low quality IMO and everything is standardized so the dumbest person in there can do the job without knowing anything about photography...Look for a small independent studio, cause really it's not hard to do...

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
No they don't have to be stamped.. just your name and birthdate on the back of one. That is too bad you have to travel far just to get photos :S

jaime

Star Member
Jun 17, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
New York
App. Filed.......
04-03-2009
Med's Request
01-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
01-09-2010
Passport Req..
31-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-02-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
[/quote]
We just failed again in one of the local photo studio as they tried to take but could not do the size specified. I am so frustrated now. Anyways, my husband is thiniking about taking photo with our digital camera at home and then editing it using photoshop software to the size needed. Then going to Walmart and printing it out. Is that allowed, I mean taking your own pic and printing it out in Walmart, OR a official photo person needs to take it. :(
[/quote]

Ok, here's my very first post here and hope it helps.
Just take the normal PASSPORT photo.(I had 12 photos taken from a local CVS Drugstore) The Chin to Crown Ratio is within limits.
You can use those photos everywhere. Passport, IELTS, etc.
For Immigration, all you need to do is bring a ruler to the photo shop and measure the size you need. Then mark the photos and tell the photo guy to cut where you marked it(You can also do it yourself, but better if they do it. they have the big paper cutter there). Then WRITE your name and DOB on the back of the picture and Voila! Perfect.

C

cchabert

We just failed again in one of the local photo studio as they tried to take but could not do the size specified. I am so frustrated now. Anyways, my husband is thiniking about taking photo with our digital camera at home and then editing it using photoshop software to the size needed. Then going to Walmart and printing it out. Is that allowed, I mean taking your own pic and printing it out in Walmart, OR a official photo person needs to take it. :(
[/quote]

Ok, here's my very first post here and hope it helps.
Just take the normal PASSPORT photo.(I had 12 photos taken from a local CVS Drugstore) The Chin to Crown Ratio is within limits.
You can use those photos everywhere. Passport, IELTS, etc.
For Immigration, all you need to do is bring a ruler to the photo shop and measure the size you need. Then mark the photos and tell the photo guy to cut where you marked it(You can also do it yourself, but better if they do it. they have the big paper cutter there). Then WRITE your name and DOB on the back of the picture and Voila! Perfect.
[/quote]

I agree that's how I did it and no problem at all

jaime

Star Member
Jun 17, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
New York
App. Filed.......
04-03-2009
Med's Request
01-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
01-09-2010
Passport Req..
31-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-02-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
mud504@yahoo said:
I got mines done at sears for $35 total and just cut them 2 the size needed
I paid $17 for a total of 12 photos at CVS drugstore, and yeah, I did cut them too. Fortunately I noticed that the chin to crown ratio is within limits.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Try http://www.epassportphoto.com/