+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have Saudi Arabia and UAE exit/entry stamps in passport - Translation required ?

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
Hi Guys,
I have visited Saudi Arabia and UAE several times in the last 10 years. ( to visit relatives and parents )
Ext & Entry stamps are in Arabic date format.
1. Do I need to get them translated and upload the same in my Travel history along with the original stamps?
2. Do I need to get them notarized as well ?

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
Srushti said:
Hi Guys,
I have visited Saudi Arabia and UAE several times in the last 10 years. ( to visit relatives and parents )
1. Do I need to get them translated and upload the same in my Travel history along with the original stamps?

No you dont!

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
The reason I asked for this is: Since the dates are in Arabic, how is the visa officer going to verify the same with the dates I mentioned in the travel history ?

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Srushti said:
The reason I asked for this is: Since the dates are in Arabic, how is the visa officer going to verify the same with the dates I mentioned in the travel history ?
I don't think that CIC verify travel dates against the passport stamps for 2 reasons that I could think:

1. Many countries will not stamp when you exit !
2. If I have 50 visits to KSA and UAE that were in my expired passport, how could CIC verify that. The requirement is to scan and send the valid passport for the purpose of id verification.

In short, You don't need to scan those stamps!!

Reactions: Kim_kabayan

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
farazafzal said:
I don't think that CIC verify travel dates against the passport stamps for 2 reasons that I could think:

2. If I have 50 visits to KSA and UAE that were in my expired passport, how could CIC verify that. The requirement is to scan and send the valid passport for the purpose of id verification.

1. Agreed
2. Many applicants in this forum have uploaded their current passport BIO page for ID verification and scanned all the stamps in the past 10 years(even if they are in the old passports), just in case they are verified against travel history mentioned in the application.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Srushti said:
1. Agreed
2. Many applicants in this forum have uploaded their current passport BIO page for ID verification and scanned all the stamps in the past 10 years(even if they are in the old passports), just in case they are verified against travel history mentioned in the application.
No one can go wrong by supplying extra information. It is always good. If in a position and if necessity arises, CIC will ask for old passport scans. However, these old expired passports will never reflect the actual travel history. I spend 3 years in Germany, and traveled all around Europe. One stop of tram is in Germany and next is in Enschede Netherlands, where we use to go to the weekend market :)..
No stamps , sorry CIC. Just my words !!

Maysy1981

Oct 25, 2015
I had the same question about stamps that are not in english or french and i think delpiero answered that i do have to get them translated.

Rahulvaid

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Srushti said:
Hi Guys,

Same case was mine ...... too many stamps of exit/entry in arabic from Saudi amd Dubai..... I didnt submit any translation except visa copy translation.....

CIC didnt ask fr it till now......

Regards

Canadream2017

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
No need for translation but YOU MUST CONVERT dates of travel from the Hijri to Gregorian calendar. This is important because you need to provide your 10-year travel history.

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
Rahulvaid said:
Same case was mine ...... too many stamps of exit/entry in arabic from Saudi amd Dubai..... I didnt submit any translation except visa copy translation.....

CIC didnt ask fr it till now......

Regards
Visa copy translation is a must ?

irosha

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
farazafzal said:

why would they complicate things by asking travel history? Like you correctly said, many overseas visits dont have exit stamps, how do u figure out hen you left, in the first place?

Rahulvaid

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Srushti said:
Visa copy translation is a must ?

Dat too I didnt submit at the begining stage,but later they asked saudi visa copy( not specified translated ) but I submitted translated copy also

On the safer side get it translated....

Regards

xheavenlyx

Apr 28, 2017
Hey Srushti and farazafzal,

Same here, extensive back and forth from Saudi to Dubai and a few to Oman for visa runs. Have an Indian passport. This is what I did:

1. Personal History

A general overview of history. For example after graduation in 2008, till 2011 I traveled to Saudi, India and lots of internship in UAE with visa runs. Showed "Unemployed". Rest was general Employment.

2. Travel History

This was crazy. My choice but other's point of view may differ. I translated each Saudi stamp from the past 10 years from Islamic date to Gregorian, may have missed one or two in an excel file. It took around 4 hours, listing a total of 70 or so trips. This was for myself, helped me revisit my past (yeah, the good old days in Saudi...).

All of these were entered into Travel History based on Exit + Entry dates from Dubai to Riyadh. May have missed a few trips to Riyadh because of road trips.

3. Passport Scan

Simple scan of *current* passport - all pages. Don't care if I have included blank pages. Doesn't hurt and it was easy for me to number my pages.

4. Letter of Explanation

I am including a Letter of Explanation in any case to cover a LOT of other elements. Even including my long 70 trip excel file in the same PDF as an Appendix. Including details about work (referencing each work visa page number on my Passport PDF), company name changes, images from work, explaining why Dubai Work Visa Designation is different from Contract / Reference Letters, etc. This is a personal choice and isn't required. I like to be a little careful.

Feel free to message me in case of other questions.

usman118

Feb 29, 2016
Hey Srushti and farazafzal,

Same here, extensive back and forth from Saudi to Dubai and a few to Oman for visa runs. Have an Indian passport. This is what I did:

1. Personal History

A general overview of history. For example after graduation in 2008, till 2011 I traveled to Saudi, India and lots of internship in UAE with visa runs. Showed "Unemployed". Rest was general Employment.

2. Travel History

This was crazy. My choice but other's point of view may differ. I translated each Saudi stamp from the past 10 years from Islamic date to Gregorian, may have missed one or two in an excel file. It took around 4 hours, listing a total of 70 or so trips. This was for myself, helped me revisit my past (yeah, the good old days in Saudi...).

All of these were entered into Travel History based on Exit + Entry dates from Dubai to Riyadh. May have missed a few trips to Riyadh because of road trips.

3. Passport Scan

Simple scan of *current* passport - all pages. Don't care if I have included blank pages. Doesn't hurt and it was easy for me to number my pages.

4. Letter of Explanation

I am including a Letter of Explanation in any case to cover a LOT of other elements. Even including my long 70 trip excel file in the same PDF as an Appendix. Including details about work (referencing each work visa page number on my Passport PDF), company name changes, images from work, explaining why Dubai Work Visa Designation is different from Contract / Reference Letters, etc. This is a personal choice and isn't required. I like to be a little careful.

Feel free to message me in case of other questions.
Helo
I have sort of the same situation. I am living in Abu Dhabi and looking after projects in Riyadh too. I have few queries, if you can please reply
1- what explanation did u make to clarify "why Dubai Work Visa Designation is different from Contract"
2- did you get Saudi PCC - (for me, i hold Govt visit visa here in Saudi which i renew after every six months and i dont know whether i will be issued a Saudi PCC)
3-I have scanned all pages for my all passports and somehow managed to compressed upto 4mb. however, I have printed multiple pages (4 passport pages in one page) would it be an issue as i have printed multiple pages in one page inorder to reduce size?