+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have Saudi Arabia and UAE exit/entry stamps in passport - Translation required ?

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Hey Srushti and farazafzal,

Same here, extensive back and forth from Saudi to Dubai and a few to Oman for visa runs. Have an Indian passport. This is what I did:

1. Personal History

A general overview of history. For example after graduation in 2008, till 2011 I traveled to Saudi, India and lots of internship in UAE with visa runs. Showed "Unemployed". Rest was general Employment.

2. Travel History

This was crazy. My choice but other's point of view may differ. I translated each Saudi stamp from the past 10 years from Islamic date to Gregorian, may have missed one or two in an excel file. It took around 4 hours, listing a total of 70 or so trips. This was for myself, helped me revisit my past (yeah, the good old days in Saudi...).

All of these were entered into Travel History based on Exit + Entry dates from Dubai to Riyadh. May have missed a few trips to Riyadh because of road trips.

3. Passport Scan

Simple scan of *current* passport - all pages. Don't care if I have included blank pages. Doesn't hurt and it was easy for me to number my pages.

4. Letter of Explanation

I am including a Letter of Explanation in any case to cover a LOT of other elements. Even including my long 70 trip excel file in the same PDF as an Appendix. Including details about work (referencing each work visa page number on my Passport PDF), company name changes, images from work, explaining why Dubai Work Visa Designation is different from Contract / Reference Letters, etc. This is a personal choice and isn't required. I like to be a little careful.

Feel free to message me in case of other questions.
Hi there,

I have quite a similar profile as yours. The difference in profession on the residence permit (pink stamp on PP) has a different profession than my original job title at my workplace. Would highly appreciate if you could suggest me how did you justify the situation and if it worked for you?

Thanks a ton and good luck for your pr!

Niles

Jan 13, 2020
Hi, I have the same question, am I required to get the stamps translated? My immigration agent tells me it is mandatory to translate anything that is not in English or French...