+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has xxxxxx applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

goldenman

Aug 28, 2016
Hi respectable forum member.

I was filling the EE entry and i came across this question Has xxxxxxx applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?
Dos this apply as well when applying for Canada visa ( TRV ?) as I had previously applied for canada visa and was granted. Should i answer yes or no .

Thank you

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The TRV visa was issued to you by IRCC.

When you applied for Canadian visa, you actually petitioned IRCC so you should answer YES .

goldenman

Aug 28, 2016
thank you digital destiny.

One more query, after i answered yes . there is a follow up question on the UCI Number - i guess this is the 8 DIGIT number on the Visa

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goldenman said:
thank you digital destiny.

One more query, after i answered yes . there is a follow up question on the UCI Number - i guess this is the 8 DIGIT number on the Visa
Leave UCI# as blank, if you are not sure. It's not mentioned on all the Canadian visas.

Rajat2369

Dec 26, 2016
For the question have you applied for immigration refugee and citizenship Canada before I answered no although I have applied for my work permit and study permit and have the uci number.

Will this result in my application being rejected?

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rajat2369 said:
For the question have you applied for immigration refugee and citizenship Canada before I answered no although I have applied for my work permit and study permit and have the uci number.

In fact your answer should have been YES. You can sens a clarification to CIC for this omission.

Aug 16, 2019

HI Rajat2369,

I am going through the same situation. Please advise the procedure to be followed.

THank you,
Ashwin Boorgula

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
HI Rajat2369,

I am going through the same situation. Please advise the procedure to be followed.

THank you,
Ashwin Boorgula
This could be considered misrepresentation. I’ve read cases where they received procedural fairness letters. If i were you, i’d be proactive and send in an LOE explaining it was a typo. Along with details about your previous applications as well as UCI#.

Aug 16, 2019
This could be considered misrepresentation. I’ve read cases where they received procedural fairness letters. If i were you, i’d be proactive and send in an LOE explaining it was a typo. Along with details about your previous applications as well as UCI#.
Thank you tihadapeo, I'll do the same.