+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has xxxx applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?

forasharma

Jun 13, 2019
Hi I have created and submitted an express entry profile which expired 1 year back with no ITA. Now I have created a new one using new email id. So there is a question in the application saying that

I do not have much details of old express entry as i had used a consultant and he is now out of business and non communicable.

I cant answer YES as the next question asks about the EE profile no. and i don't have that.
Please advice.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hi I have created and submitted an express entry profile which expired 1 year back with no ITA. Now I have created a new one using new email id. So there is a question in the application saying that

I do not have much details of old express entry as i had used a consultant and he is now out of business and non communicable.

I cant answer YES as the next question asks about the EE profile no. and i don't have that.
Please advice.
It will ask for UCI code but anyhow they will come to know about it. On safer side, declare it.

forasharma

Jun 13, 2019
Thanks for your reply. some more info which will help you to give me better clarity.
1. NO UCI code issued, as no ITA, just by creating express entry profile, one does not get UCI code.
2. secondly i don't even have EE profile no. which was created.
3. When u fill the application, after you say YES to above question, it asks for previous EE profile no. ( it is a compulsory field and I dont have old details. ) and once you fill that it asks for UCI ( this is optional, i.e if u don't have a UCI , u can leave it blank).
Thanks,
Anil.

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018
Hey . I am silent reader these days.. as earlier quoted all like u and me here . For real advice ask @legalfalcon . Tagged for ur convience . So far ur query is concerning,I think it’s not required . UCI no is allotted once our medical is clear which is post ITA stage . But I can’t guide u without legal reasoning. Please ask from legal falcon . He is saviour . Good luck

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Please advice.
If you never receive an ITA, you never applied to IRCC, so the answer is no. The answer is yes, only if you submit an application, which can be a PR, visitor visa, or a student visa etc.

However, if you only created a profile, you never applied.

forasharma

Jun 13, 2019
Thank you @legalfalcon for response. This makes it clear. Also one follow up question, is there any significance on data which could have been there in that profile ( which eventually got expired last year). Now even GC Key has been revoked. i can not open the profile and know what data was input by consultant. As it was not going any where and i abandoned the profile as well as consultant. Should i be worried about any misrepresentation in that profile ? which could put my current PR application in jeopardy ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon for response. This makes it clear. Also one follow up question, is there any significance on data which could have been there in that profile ( which eventually got expired last year). Now even GC Key has been revoked. i can not open the profile and know what data was input by consultant. As it was not going any where and i abandoned the profile as well as consultant. Should i be worried about any misrepresentation in that profile ? which could put my current PR application in jeopardy ?
The profile you created before is irrelevant as it was never transmitted to IRCC so it doe snot matter.

arslaangul

Oct 2, 2020
I am also facing similar issue. Did it workout for you by saying "No" to "Has xxxx applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? " ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Please advice.
Creating a profile does not mean you applied. You only apply when you file an application with supporting documents and fee.

If you have ever filed an application with IRCC, be it for visitor's visa, study permit, work permit, only then the answer will be yes.

If you just created a profile, which expired, then answer is no.

arshadhashmi

Dec 27, 2022
Creating a profile does not mean you applied. You only apply when you file an application with supporting documents and fee.

If you have ever filed an application with IRCC, be it for visitor's visa, study permit, work permit, only then the answer will be yes.

If you just created a profile, which expired, then answer is no.
Hello @legalfalcon My wife applied for my work permit (to go along as a dependent, with her study permit) , which I got successfully. So technically, if I didn't apply myself, do I still answer "Yes" for this question?
OR
Just the fact that I got a work permit in my name, requires me to answer "Yes".

I would appreciate it if you can clarify. Thanks.