+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone's employer applied for LMIA after January 1st?

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
Just curious. CIC said that LMIAs after January 1st will be issued in 10 days with no fees. Has anyone obtained LMIA?

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
Nightrocker said:
Just curious. CIC said that LMIAs after January 1st will be issued in 10 days with no fees. Has anyone obtained LMIA?
I don't know of anyone doing so, especially considering ESDC have no information regarding the 10-day free LMIAs, at least since I last checked.

flavdcosta

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will be applying for LMIA next month, my lawyer even told me the same, they will now be processing LMIA's within 10 days....didn't read anything about the same on their website thouugh

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
flavdcosta said:
I will be applying for LMIA next month, my lawyer even told me the same, they will now be processing LMIA's within 10 days....didn't read anything about the same on their website thouugh
I hope the lawyer is correct, my employer spoke to ESDC and they made no mention of the free ones and said it can take a couple of months. This was at the end of December though so perhaps the call centre wasn't up to speed...

...still, you'd have expected information somewhere on their website.

san887

Jan 14, 2015
Hello - I just get to this thread and find we all are on same page. I am seeking services from Immi. lawyer that will help me in getting positive LMIA.

Could anybody please share good immi. lawyer contact or yours so we can have a healthy discussion on this. I am from Noida, 9560526868

Thanks
San K

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
Nightrocker said:
My employer is also asking me the same thing. Last time she updated me was last week asking for info regarding this no fee Lmia. I hope she was able to process and start applying this Lmia. And did CIC really mentioned that it will issued in 10 days? Can you please share the link
Thanks

anwer

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
AINP
*bumped*

Would love to hear from someone who was applied for an LMIA after 1-Jan-2015 and made use of the 10-day expedited processing time.

I have convinced my employer to apply for the LMIA but my work permit will expire in June. Normally it would take 4-5 months for the LMIA to be processed but if CIC is really making a decision on them faster then that would really beneficial for me (and others in the same situation)

Anyone care to shed light on this? :)

Cheers!

flavdcosta

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anwer said:
*bumped*

Would love to hear from someone who was applied for an LMIA after 1-Jan-2015 and made use of the 10-day expedited processing time.

I have convinced my employer to apply for the LMIA but my work permit will expire in June. Normally it would take 4-5 months for the LMIA to be processed but if CIC is really making a decision on them faster then that would really beneficial for me (and others in the same situation)

Anyone care to shed light on this? :)

Cheers!

I think the 10 day LMIA is if your employer is supporting your application for Permanent Residence, which means that you can only start working after you get your Permanent Residence.
The usual 8-10 week is wherein you can start working immediately while your application is in process.

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
Nightrocker said:

The ESDC agent did mention the Lmia with out the fee as it is indicated on the application form and also mention the 10 business day processing time for EE. I wonder if it really takes 10 business days because the last time I inquire the agent told me 8 weeks time frame.
Please share if your employer able to get this no fee Lmia.

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
biz said:
The ESDC agent did mention the Lmia with out the fee as it is indicated on the application form and also mention the 10 business day processing time for EE. I wonder if it really takes 10 business days because the last time I inquire the agent told me 8 weeks time frame.
The processing at ESDC might take 10 days but employer has to advertise the position for at least 30 days (sometimes more). Than all process of applying (depending of how fast your company is) and next processing at ESDC.( Estimated for 10 days in most cases) Everything together might take 2 months, but still is faster than before

If your employer apply for LIMA for PR purposes and you don't have any other work permit (valid) you cannot work. If you have open work permit , for example PGWP, you can work as along as your work permit is valid.
As I know you cannot work on implied status while waiting for LIMA for PR purpose. (not 100% sure)

flavdcosta

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
biz said:
I think the 10 day LMIA is if your employer is supporting your application for Permanent Residence, which means that you can only start working after you get your Permanent Residence.
The usual 8-10 week is wherein you can start working immediately while your application is in process.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
My employer initially tried the no-fee application (at the end of last year). They left him with the impression that the no-fee version got the low priority, and that the 10-day version was for people who paid only. They also rejected it for insufficient advertising, which is now being fixed.

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
kateg said:
My employer initially tried the no-fee application (at the end of last year). They left him with the impression that the no-fee version got the low priority, and that the 10-day version was for people who paid only. They also rejected it for insufficient advertising, which is now being fixed.
So how long did you wait for rejection?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
God I wish people would stop spreading this 10 day application thing. that LMIA is only for contract positions lasting less than 120 days, its no use to anyone who wants to immigrate.
LMIA process is the same regardless of whether you're going for the free one, or the one that also supports a work permit.
2-5 months processing time.

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
MONKUCHA said:
The processing at ESDC might take 10 days but employer has to advertise the position for at least 30 days (sometimes more). Than all process of applying (depending of how fast your company is) and next processing at ESDC.( Estimated for 10 days in most cases) Everything together might take 2 months, but still is faster than before

If your employer apply for LIMA for PR purposes and you don't have any other work permit (valid) you cannot work. If you have open work permit , for example PGWP, you can work as along as your work permit is valid.
As I know you cannot work on implied status while waiting for LIMA for PR purpose. (not 100% sure)
True, if you apply for LMIA for the purpose of supporting your Permanent residency then you cannot work until you get your PR.

You either get LMIA for temporary work permit or PR. At least thats how i see it