+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone received a REFUSAL of police certificates?

kevinsanders

Nov 30, 2009
Applying for PR and have a request to send additional documents for family class applicants.
This request includes 4 police certificates from the USA (which primarily use online criminal background checking systems)

Has anyone sent these types of documents to the CIS and received a refusal/denied? I'm trying to figure out whether or not they all need to be fingerprint-card bound background checks.

People are saying yes but I need more than assumption based answers. CIS documentation states that only some authorities require fingerprinting to do a background check.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am wondering how you get the online criminal background check from 4 states in USA without Fingerprint?

kevinsanders

Nov 30, 2009
simple: go here:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/Detroit/offices-bureaux/certificates-certificat.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=332&menu=L

find your state, get on their website, then pay the fee and they send you the background history.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
And these will be accepted by Immigration?

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
I think the problem is that most of us sent the original state certificates via paper, not online. I have heard in the past on this forum that it is typically frowned upon to send online certificates because they are not originals (a.k.a. stamped). It is suggested that you do the fingerprints and get the results on paper rather than online. I am surprised that your states all have online only! I haven't really seen much of that. I wish I could help further. I only know FL and IL state clearances by heart, unfortunately.

gypsygirl

Sep 12, 2009
Hi everyone,

Just wanted share our experience. We originally submitted the state clearances from GA (withough fingerptints) and NY (with fingerprints) with the application. Got a letter saying that no interview is required, medical's received and they are ready to finalize the application. They also requested original state clearances from GA and NY again and gave us 90 days. In my opinion you are better off getting the origianls. We emailed them to find out what was wrong but got a general response that was useless. it took almost 2 months plus a lot of money to get them done again. We sent them on Nov 23rd and still waiting for a response.
-gypsygirl

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Ouch! That makes me a little worried that my FL one is without fingerprints but I only lived there 1 year. I hope all goes well there. Good luck gypsygirl!

gypsygirl

Sep 12, 2009
Thank you nyssa, I'll continue to give updated as we go along. Our "so straighforward" case turned out to be not so straightforward but I am sure there's reason behind the madness.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Yes, please do keep us updated! Thank you!

kevinsanders

Nov 30, 2009
yes, please let us know. I've now requested certified 'stamped' background checks via mail. (not fax or online)
but I didn't do the fingerprinted version because I had done that for the FBI national check already.
I started my application process beginning of August and hope to get everything done by February (I know that's wishful thinking but, I heard the Buffalo team is fast!)

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
This is worrisome. How will any of know for sure that what we have is appropriate before it's too late and the application/reapplication is refused or accepted.

Why does the finger printing requirement need to be this stressful?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I only had to do CA and NJ certificates which only have a fingerprinting option, but if I did have to do a state that offered both options, I'd probably go with the fingerprinting one just to be on the safe side.

On the other hand, the Swedish police only offers one without fingerprints, so obviously I got one without fingerprints and they accepted that one.