+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Dropbox at Vancouver - Timeline & Experience

nonpc23

Jul 12, 2024
Hey, you got any updates? And did you submitted H1B and H4 together?
Mine is still in the same state. I tried contacting a visa status phone line and they just asked to wait. So there is no other way to verify if they have my docs and passport. Just have to wait.

Post here if you get any updates. I will also do the same.

nonpc23

Jul 12, 2024
Aug 6 - dropped off my application package at Canada post in 595 Burrard (Downtown Vancouver)
Aug 7 - Package delivered at 10:30 am
Aug 12 - https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv still says Courier-In Shipping. ceac visa status check also returns Your search did not return any data.

Where or how should we check the status or follow up?
@klia

Aug 6 - dropped off my application package at Canada post in 595 Burrard (Downtown Vancouver)
Aug 12 - https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv still says Courier-In Shipping. ceac visa status check also returns Your search did not return any data.
Aug 21 - Application Received for both applicants

klia

Sep 8, 2020
@klia

Aug 21 - Application Received for both applicants
Here’s my timeline-

H1
Courier sent - 6-Aug 10am
Courier delivered - 7 Aug 10.30am
Application received 8-aug 3pm
Approved - 12 Aug 5pm
Issued - 15 Aug 2.30pm
ready for pickup - 19 Aug 3.30pm

H4
Approved - 19Aug 3.30pm
Issued - 20 Aug 2.30pm
ready for pickup - 22 Aug 4.10 pm

Reactions: nonpc23

SunnyReddy

Aug 20, 2024
Here’s my timeline-

H1
Approved - 12 Aug 5pm
Issued - 15 Aug 2.30pm
ready for pickup - 19 Aug 3.30pm

H4
Approved - 19Aug 3.30pm
Issued - 20 Aug 2.30pm
ready for pickup - 22 Aug 4.10 pm

Is there any wait time(Virtual Queue- Waiting Consular authorization) for sending documents to Vancouver location? I am seeing wait times for Toronto locations significantly so just wanted to get an idea in order to create an application and move forward? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

klia

Sep 8, 2020
Is there any wait time(Virtual Queue- Waiting Consular authorization) for sending documents to Vancouver location? I am seeing wait times for Toronto locations significantly so just wanted to get an idea in order to create an application and move forward? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I got the email for sending documents within 2-3 hrs, the day I entered virtual queue.

SunnyReddy

Aug 20, 2024
I got the email for sending documents within 2-3 hrs, the day I entered virtual queue.
Thanks for the quick response. I applied for Toronto location and my page says "Awaiting Consular Authorization" for sending the instructions. Its been a week now, do you think creating a new application and changing the dropbox location to Vancouver would be helpful ?

klia

Sep 8, 2020
Thanks for the quick response. I applied for Toronto location and my page says "Awaiting Consular Authorization" for sending the instructions. Its been a week now, do you think creating a new application and changing the dropbox location to Vancouver would be helpful ?
I’m not sure about this, whether we can create new application if another one is pending, sorry.

zoh7009

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
Hey ,
I am thinking to apply for h1 & h4 both. Do you know about Sending directly to Ottawa embassy would speed up things rather than sending to Toronto consulate or are they both same timeline?

klia

Sep 8, 2020
Hey ,
I am thinking to apply for h1 & h4 both. Do you know about Sending directly to Ottawa embassy would speed up things rather than sending to Toronto consulate or are they both same timeline?
I’m not sure about any other place apart from Vancouver, sorry

SunnyReddy

Aug 20, 2024
I’m not sure about this, whether we can create new application if another one is pending, sorry.
I was able to create one more application to a different location(Vancouver) but the instructions are still not sent. Its the virtual queue page that show up. I submitted it yesterday night...maybe its because of the weekend the processing is slow? Can I expect the instructions today for Vancouver?

SunnyReddy

Aug 20, 2024
What is the timeframe to send the documents after the email is received? is it a week or 10 days? ant specific fixed no of days after we get the email with instructions?

nonpc23

Jul 12, 2024
What is the timeframe to send the documents after the email is received? is it a week or 10 days? ant specific fixed no of days after we get the email with instructions?
I waited 10+ days as I had to wait for I-797 approval notice. I don't think we need it, just the notice number should suffice (Don't quote me on it, I am just guessing. Contact a lawyer for confirmation)

July 26: got the email to submit docs
Aug 6: Submitted docs. It changed to issued state today. From submitting to issues, mine is a bit slow compared to others who submitted at Vancouver consulate.

SunnyReddy

Aug 20, 2024
I waited 10+ days as I had to wait for I-797 approval notice. I don't think we need it, just the notice number should suffice (Don't quote me on it, I am just guessing. Contact a lawyer for confirmation)

July 26: got the email to submit docs
Aug 6: Submitted docs. It changed to issued state today. From submitting to issues, mine is a bit slow compared to others who submitted at Vancouver consulate.
I have all the documents needed. I am just waiting for the instructions email. So wanted to make sure about the timeframe to send the documents once I get the email from Toronto Consular.

peacekeeprrr

Sep 5, 2024
Thank you all for your experiences. Can someone please let me know the list of documents you guys sent? I am confused because the instructions only asked for a few but my employer gave me 80 more pages to add to the packet:
  1. I-129 Form
  2. Education Evaluation
  3. Itnerary
  4. Petition Letter
  5. LCA
  6. Offer Letter
  7. Employment Letter
  8. Cover Letter
Should i send all of these or just send what the instructions say? Please share your experiences which will help alot of people.

SunnyReddy

Aug 20, 2024
Thank you all for your experiences. Can someone please let me know the list of documents you guys sent? I am confused because the instructions only asked for a few but my employer gave me 80 more pages to add to the packet:
  1. I-129 Form
  2. Education Evaluation
  3. Itnerary
  4. Petition Letter
  5. LCA
  6. Offer Letter
  7. Employment Letter
  8. Cover Letter
Should i send all of these or just send what the instructions say? Please share your experiences which will help alot of people.
Send only the documents which were requested in the instructions . Do not send anything else.