+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
Well if its not 9th april 2009 then it should be 9th april 2010 so be cool and keep waiting patiently by then all your mates will be in Alberta

be brezzy

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
Albertagoverner said:
All:

The problem with H1B Folks is that, You guys are counting minutes, second to get certificate. Back in your home country, It takes around 30-40 days find a suitable visa interview date. Here you are assuming that AINP folks are standing at Alberta-Montana border and waiting for you to come. It is not practical. Also stop joining these kind of forums which also increases your anxiety. The minute you see that Santa Clause got nomination, you folks start calling hotline and become crazy. Even my office has to increase one more option in Telephone enquiry system so if you just dial 2 after hotline number no human will be available to answer. You don't have much time in US anymore. Within 13-15 months you all will be partying in Calgary and filling job application at Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks and Home Depot in Calgary and Edmonton because Deloitte /Accenture will be then asking for Canadian Passport. Your immigration needs will never stop. Today you have work visa you need green card. Tomorrow you will have Green Card and then you will need Canadian Passport.
well said... but please don't get angry over here :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Albertagoverner said:
In your own country you are first quality/class citizen unlike here where you become citizen with categories like Born/Naturalized/landed/black/white/brown/asian or so on. You have top level of security clearance in your own country no Polygraph needed. [/b]
So bitter already?

It's not bad being an immigrant in Canada because there are a lot of immigrants. Nobody thinks it's a big deal whether you are an immigrant or not. When you need a security clearance, it's always a big deal. I know somebody who had to get a security clearance for a government job and it was not fast or automatic even though he is born Canadian.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
Albertagoverner said:
rascojenkins said:
Well if its not 9th april 2009 then it should be 9th april 2010 so be cool and keep waiting patiently by then all your mates will be in Alberta

be brezzy
All:

The problem with H1B Folks is that, You guys are counting minutes, second to get certificate. Back in your home country, It takes around 30-40 days find a suitable visa interview date. Here you are assuming that AINP folks are standing at Alberta-Montana border and waiting for you to come. It is not practical. Also stop joining these kind of forums which also increases your anxiety. The minute you see that Santa Clause got nomination, you folks start calling hotline and become crazy. Even my office has to increase one more option in Telephone enquiry system so if you just dial 2 after hotline number no human will be available to answer. You don't have much time in US anymore. Within 13-15 months you all will be partying in Calgary and filling job application at Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks and Home Depot in Calgary and Edmonton because Deloitte /Accenture will be then asking for Canadian Passport. Your immigration needs will never stop. Today you have work visa you need green card. Tomorrow you will have Green Card and then you will need Canadian Passport.

Stop Being curious about AINP & Process. Let them call by themselves. If they need you then they will ceratinly nominate you. They have 120% discretion, if they don't then join some forums who talk about economic development and opportunities of your own country. Stop looking opprtunities in other world while your PM was treated like a Professer in G20 summit. watch:

http://mx.truveo.com/G20-Summit-India-advises-the-world/id/1665667497

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Manmohan-Singh-a-wise-wonderful-man-Obama/videoshow/4353670.cms

In your own country you are first quality/class citizen unlike here where you become citizen with categories like Born/Naturalized/landed/black/white/brown/asian or so on. You have top level of security clearance in your own country no Polygraph needed.
LOL...So can you please provide us with your hotline number? Even if there are not enough lines we will keep trying till we get someone to talk

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
Seems like AG is good at current affairs, but weak in geography. He knows the achivements of Indians but does not know where New Delhi is.

Albertadude

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
Well that was hilarious and I guess the absolute truth Albertagoverner. Anyways back to reality. Regarding jobs in Canada I have come to realise that one needs to have a Canadian degree or Canadian experience to get a job in one's field although there have been recent efforts by the government to recogonise foreign credentials, but the question is can one easily get part-time labour jobs like working in Tim Hortons, or McDonalds or 711 gas stations. If so how much is the pay. Although we are expected to have enough funds for our initial settlement which is around 11000 CAD I think one cannot survive for much long without atleast getting part-time jobs with 11000 CAD

Any comments are appreciated

Albertadude

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
Albertadude said:
Well that was hilarious and I guess the absolute truth Albertagoverner. Anyways back to reality. Regarding jobs in Canada I have come to realise that one needs to have a Canadian degree or Canadian experience to get a job in one's field although there have been recent efforts by the government to recogonise foreign credentials, but the question is can one easily get part-time labour jobs like working in Tim Hortons, or McDonalds or 711 gas stations. If so how much is the pay. Although we are expected to have enough funds for our initial settlement which is around 11000 CAD I think one cannot survive for much long without atleast getting part-time jobs with 11000 CAD

Any comments are appreciated

Albertadude
A far as I was hearing from my relatives - 1-2 years back there were lot(I mean lot) of these kind of labor jobs i.e. flipping burgers and mopping floor at McDonalds and Tim Hortons, etc and you can expect $10/hr. This was boom time for Alberta and oil per barrel was also high. Now oil/barrel is low, so I dont know if the labor job situation is same booming there(I am talking about the booming situation in labor market, not hi-tech). I am glad to see people like you and me are mentally preparing themselves to get labor jobs after working at so called "Hi-tech" jobs in US...lol..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
McDonalds will not pay more than $10 an hour, that I think is if you work the night shift. Tim Horton's is a little better, they will also give you free food (day old donuts probably). You can also look for store jobs, Safeway, Walmart, Superstore. Warehouse pays better if you can get it.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
LOL... Your last post was hillarious, why did you modify it. I am your fan in this forum.

yofeihong

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Guys,
don't be afraid of what you want to eat tomorrow and what you want to wear ... Think positive and try to be smart !!!

Cheers

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
yofeihong said:
Guys,
don't be afraid of what you want to eat tomorrow and what you want to wear ... Think positive and try to be smart !!!

Cheers
Right. Thought I would share few verses from the bible which can give you all some encouragement.

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[a]?

28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. :)
- Matthew 6:25-34

Albertadude

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
One has to be positive but at the same time practical too. Although it would be good to land in a job of one's profession one should be prepared for the worst. I am just a realist. What Alberta governer says is correct. We have to get some kind of certification in Canada to get into a good job, but one needs to be prepared to do labour job until one lands in a good job of his or her choice. Please correct me if I am wrong. BTW anyone got nomination from Alberta?????

Apr 14, 2009
Hey guys....
What is the pre-assessment form?
All I got is a bunch of documents from AINP alberta site (alberta forms, CIC forms copies+ passport copies, H1B copy etc) which I am planning to send (postal-snail mail) to Alberta.
Should I be looking for some pre-assessment forms before I submit these documents.

Thanks in Advance,

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
immigrationquestions123 said:
Hey guys....
What is the pre-assessment form?
All I got is a bunch of documents from AINP alberta site (alberta forms, CIC forms copies+ passport copies, H1B copy etc) which I am planning to send (postal-snail mail) to Alberta.
Should I be looking for some pre-assessment forms before I submit these documents.

Thanks in Advance,
There is no pre-assesment. It was given prior to Dec 31st 2008. Just fill up all the forms that you have and mail it.

Flames

Feb 16, 2009
Its true that one need to have Canadian degree or experience to get job (easily atleast).. I know few people graduated from IIM n IIT with loads of exp. backhome could get right job for years.. but that's not the end. British Columbia provides some kind of training for new immigrants and they give chance to work in some offices (mostly govt., voluntary services or similar) for 3-4 months (not sure if they pay) so that immigrants are exposed to Canadian work environment. So checkout for those institutes or agencies in Alberta, hope they will be your Santa n put u in your dream job !!!!