+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

redstar

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
So now a days Alberta ppl asking for a current pay stub before allotting the file number and as well as nominating the application.

Thanks & Regards

A

Albertagoverner

redstar said:
So now a days Alberta ppl asking for a current pay stub before allotting the file number and as well as nominating the application.

Thanks & Regards
Yes because according to current situation they can move your PNP certificate to Home Country Canadian Consulate or Buffalo CIC.

A

Albertagoverner

6SigmaMBB said:
I was asked by the case officer to send in my March's paystub!..so I am assuming they are checking whether we still have jobs before offering nominations..I have filed using old process..

Despoimmigrant,
My file # is "655" and am waiting to get the nomination cert..please update this forum when u receive urs..

Cheer,
6Sigma
Dear 652 and 655:
When you both were speaking to AINP guy, Did he mention how long it will take to get the certificate?

A

Albertagoverner

despoimmigrant said:
Pretty good Info on this forum so far. One of my friend told me to visit this forum so here i am to provide my input.

12/02/08 - Pre assement sent
12/24/08 - Received application package ( One page was missing )
1/05/09 - spoke to HOTline number and asked them why page is missing from application package. lady said sent whatever you have got from us. I did exactly what she said did not include missing page in my application.
1/07/09 - Sent documents with AINP application package ( Page was Missing )
1/14/09 - the got my application
2/11/09 - Got file number (XXXXX09-552)
3/27/09 -- got a call from AINP guy below is the conversation

AINP guy: Are u still interested processing your application?
My Reply: yes i am.
AINP guy: I was loooking at your file and we found that one page is missing from your application.
My Reply : I am aware of this and i have been told to send you exactly what is asked by AINP office.
AINP guy: I need that missing page in order to process your application.
My Reply: If Fax is ok i can send you within half an hour or so.
AINP guy: thats fine.
My Reply: is there any direct fax line i can fax?
AINP guy: gave me common fax number.
My Reply: How long will it take to process my application once you receive my missing page?
AINP guy: by end of the day today i will be able to make the decision.
AINP guy: are u still working on H1b visa?
My Reply: Yes i am.
AINP guy: with the same employer?
My reply : Yes.
AINP guy: i will contact you if i need any further information and if it is not required you will hear from us pretty soon.
My Reply: Thank you for your time.

I called him after i sent fax and confirmed it that he got my fax.

Since than i have not got any information or updates on my case.

I just thought to share my experience with you all people.

Thanks
keep this forum uptodate.
good luck
File No 655 & 652:

Did AINP guy say anything regarding mail or time?

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Albertagoverner said:
despoimmigrant said:
Pretty good Info on this forum so far. One of my friend told me to visit this forum so here i am to provide my input.

12/02/08 - Pre assement sent
12/24/08 - Received application package ( One page was missing )
1/05/09 - spoke to HOTline number and asked them why page is missing from application package. lady said sent whatever you have got from us. I did exactly what she said did not include missing page in my application.
1/07/09 - Sent documents with AINP application package ( Page was Missing )
1/14/09 - the got my application
2/11/09 - Got file number (XXXXX09-552)
3/27/09 -- got a call from AINP guy below is the conversation

AINP guy: Are u still interested processing your application?
My Reply: yes i am.
AINP guy: I was loooking at your file and we found that one page is missing from your application.
My Reply : I am aware of this and i have been told to send you exactly what is asked by AINP office.
AINP guy: I need that missing page in order to process your application.
My Reply: If Fax is ok i can send you within half an hour or so.
AINP guy: thats fine.
My Reply: is there any direct fax line i can fax?
AINP guy: gave me common fax number.
My Reply: How long will it take to process my application once you receive my missing page?
AINP guy: by end of the day today i will be able to make the decision.
AINP guy: are u still working on H1b visa?
My Reply: Yes i am.
AINP guy: with the same employer?
My reply : Yes.
AINP guy: i will contact you if i need any further information and if it is not required you will hear from us pretty soon.
My Reply: Thank you for your time.

I called him after i sent fax and confirmed it that he got my fax.

Since than i have not got any information or updates on my case.

I just thought to share my experience with you all people.

Thanks
keep this forum uptodate.
good luck
File No 655 & 652:

Did AINP guy say anything regarding mail or time?
Nope they did not mention anything but he did mention that we will make decision today or by monday once we receive your missing info. but you told me that i will receive on 9th april !! AlbertaGoverner :) so i am waiting for 9th april.

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
just a fyi:

Important note: A new and updated version of the AINP Occupations Under Pressure List for the Strategic Recruitment Stream – U.S. Visa Holder Category will be posted to this site on April 15, 2009. Any applications postmarked before April 15, 2009 will be assessed based on the list currently posted. All applications postmarked on or after April 15, 2009 will be assessed based on the revised list that will be posted on April 15, 2009.

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
Albertagoverner said:
maruti81 said:
You will recieve Certificate on 9th April in your mail box.
Hi Albertagoverner and others,
I sent my application two weeks ago. I have been working with my employer for 3 years and my H1 expires this September ending. Based on the processing times now, do you suggest renewing my H1B to be on safe side for AINP to consider my application?

I do not like to stay in USA anymore and I want to settle in Alberta. So I personally do not wish to get it renewed (I thought why unnecessarily giving a task to my employer and not sticking with him later. I want to be in good terms with him so he can help with my future references in Alberta).

Thanks for all your time.
Right now set your goal till Nomination Certificate and then you can apply from Home Country for CIC process. You should try to renew it and I am sure you will find great difficulty to renew because nowdays USCIS and State Department's Consular officers in Abroad are trying till their last breath to not stamp, renew H1B.
As far as references are concerned, None of us will face much difficulty in terms of employment, reference etc because every recruiter, Hiring Manager in Corporate Alberta is aware that H1B SRS program is bringing techies from US who have been working well. Also A lot of tech consulting companies in Alberta are accepting 1 797 with a employer as a reference. No other reference can be more genuine than USCIS issued I 797 with a employer in USA
Thanks Albertagoverner.
Based on current processing times and popularity of the program, is it safe to assume that I may hear something about my nomination by September ending? My employer is hesitant to renew my H1 after this September as he came to know about my intent to move to Alberta. So, I am concerned about this.

My application reached Edmonton two weeks ago.

Cheers.

differentquestion

Jan 4, 2008
Hello Folks,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Here's my details.

USER Differentquestion
PRE-ASSESSMENT(Y/N) Y
PACKAGE DELIVERED 20 Jan
FILE NO. 721
RECD 19 March
FILE NO. ????

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
It seems like AINP office is making things complicated on weekly basis. I got my application delivery confirmation for Dec 31st, but haven't recieved any response from them after that, except for that file number email. I have seen a couple of guys getting some kind of response e.g. paystubs, and they sent their application a little after me, so hopfully I'll get some inquiry soon. I thought of updating you all with nothingness on my side in case anyone was wondering... :)

A

Albertagoverner

sirsmak said:
It seems like AINP office is making things complicated on weekly basis. I got my application delivery confirmation for Dec 31st, but haven't recieved any response from them after that, except for that file number email. I have seen a couple of guys getting some kind of response e.g. paystubs, and they sent their application a little after me, so hopfully I'll get some inquiry soon. I thought of updating you all with nothingness on my side in case anyone was wondering... :)
Because your file hasn't reached the table of Senior Program Manager who will ask the question (pay stub/status) and make a decision.

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
Albertagoverner said:
sirsmak said:
Because your file hasn't reached the table of Senior Program Manager who will ask the question (pay stub/status) and make a decision.
Or because decision has already been made.

A

Albertagoverner

differentquestion said:
Hello Folks,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Here's my details.

USER Differentquestion
PRE-ASSESSMENT(Y/N) Y
PACKAGE DELIVERED 20 Jan
FILE NO. 721
RECD 19 March
FILE NO. ????
The file numbers are not generated in squence. This is 721 and we already have 923

I

Indium-sulfide

governor,
so how do I know how many people are before me ?
my number is 84X?

A

Albertagoverner

Indium-sulfide said:
governor,
my number is 84X?
They decided 555 & 552 so there should be around 290 applications between but they are not processing in file number sequence. They are processing as per File number issue date.

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
governer

How do you know all these updates?
...they are not processing in file number sequence. They are processing as per File number issue date ?
Albertagoverner said:
Indium-sulfide said:
governor,
my number is 84X?
They decided 555 & 552 so there should be around 290 applications between but they are not processing in file number sequence. They are processing as per File number issue date.