+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

PirateZee

Sep 21, 2020
How many days did it take to get CoPR after submitting all documents and medicals? Thanks
I was given 60 days to send all documents; I submitted all the documents and medical right away but Police Certificate on day 60. I got response from NiagaraFallsBRO that file is now complete and ready for finalization. One week from that email I got CoRP in email. Already linked PR Card application in CIC account. Based on CoRP today I got and apply for Permanent SIN, Health Card, got seized documents from CBSA and cancelled they monthly phone reporting.

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Timeline
1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 13, 2018.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 20, 2018.
3. We started processing your application on July 30, 2020.
4. We sent you correspondence on August 22, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5. We sent you medical instructions on August 23, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
6. Medical results have been received.
7. We sent you a letter on November 1, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
8. You entered Canada at the HM Niagara Falls office on November 1, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident.
AIP was emailed on 21 Aug;

Application was based on the best interests of the child, the difficulty in your country of origin or your establishment in Canada; It was approved on Best Interest of Child.
Got medical instructions and additional documents request via email.

PRRA was initiated Feb 2020.
Point number 8 ( you entered Niagara Falls office...what does that mean? Did you have an interview prior the confirmation?
Sorry we're asking many questions

PirateZee

Sep 21, 2020
Point number 8 ( you entered Niagara Falls office...what does that mean? Did you have an interview prior the confirmation?
Sorry we're asking many questions
No Interview; just got CoPR via email. I believe before COVID usually there is an interview on the day you get CoPR.

Reactions: Me2020

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
I have a question
Does the citizenship countdown begin from stage1 approval? Or after getting PR confirmation?

Heidi H123@

Nov 3, 2020
My passport was expired and seized with CBSA; I sent letter to waive passport requirement. Which they mentioned in email that they gonna send it to officer to review; but later I was able to renew my passport. So if you can't renew passport because it is with CBSA; there is passport requirement waiver option.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/humanitarian-compassionate-consideration/processing/in-canada/consideration-canada-processing-application-permanent-residence-stage-2-assessment-1.html
read last para

Hi Helen02
CoPR email from NiagaraFallsBRO-BRA. In fact from start to end all documents and communication was via email. (send or receive documents)
Just PR photo sent to NiagaraFallsBRO via mail yesterday.
Thanks

I was given 60 days to send all documents; I submitted all the documents and medical right away but Police Certificate on day 60. I got response from NiagaraFallsBRO that file is now complete and ready for finalization. One week from that email I got CoRP in email. Already linked PR Card application in CIC account. Based on CoRP today I got and apply for Permanent SIN, Health Card, got seized documents from CBSA and cancelled they monthly phone reporting.
Thanks same with me

Fréijoer Léiw

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Timeline
1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 13, 2018.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 20, 2018.
3. We started processing your application on July 30, 2020.
4. We sent you correspondence on August 22, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5. We sent you medical instructions on August 23, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
6. Medical results have been received.
7. We sent you a letter on November 1, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
8. You entered Canada at the HM Niagara Falls office on November 1, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident.
AIP was emailed on 21 Aug;

Application was based on the best interests of the child, the difficulty in your country of origin or your establishment in Canada; It was approved on Best Interest of Child.
Got medical instructions and additional documents request via email.

PRRA was initiated Feb 2020.
it took a long time but luckily you received a positive decision at the end.

congratulations!❤

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
What did you use monthly phone reporting for? Never heard of it

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
I'm not sure how accurate because my kids were eligible for Federal child benefits. I'm applying from within Canada
You’re not sure how accurate of what? Being eligible for benefits and obtaining citizenship are two different things.when you land,they will tell you when you’re eligible to apply for citizenship.Not sure how that works rn but before COVid that’s what they do.

Reactions: Blac Kelly..

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
You’re not sure how accurate of what? Being eligible for benefits and obtaining citizenship are two different things.when you land,they will tell you when you’re eligible to apply for citizenship.Not sure how that works rn but before COVid that’s what they do.
Exactly, I'm confused H&C is not so clear as refugee claiming for that each day before PR counts as half day then adyer they get the PR it counts as 1 day. That's why I asked. It could be different with H&C I'm not sure.
Anyway, thank you for your clarification

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Exactly, I'm confused H&C is not so clear as refugee claiming for that each day before PR counts as half day then adyer they get the PR it counts as 1 day. That's why I asked. It could be different with H&C I'm not sure.
Oh I see what you mean.if you were a temporary resident or refugee before Pr,they will only count part of the years of the year spent as a temporary resident or conventional refugee(time spent as refugee is not included only when you have been accepted).So for instance,if you spent like a year prior to that,only 6 months will count towards your citizenship eligibility period.
Also,Only the five (5) years preceding the date of your application are taken into account. Within that five-year period

Last edited:
Reactions: Me2020

Fréijoer Léiw

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
If you are without status or are an asylum seeker you will not have any calculated days,

when you are a visitor, a foreign worker, a foreign student, a protected person you will count one day in 2, but the maximum is one year so if you have stayed in the country with one of thwsa status for 6 months you will get 3 months, 1 year you will get 6 months, 2 years or more is 1 year in the days calculated for citizenship.

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
If you are without status or are an asylum seeker you will not have any calculated days,

when you are a visitor, a foreign worker, a foreign student, a protected person you will count one day in 2, but the maximum is one year so if you have stayed in the country with one of thwsa status for 6 months you will get 3 months, 1 year you will get 6 months, 2 years or more is 1 year in the days calculated for citizenship.
Where does stage 1 stand?