+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Sweet child

May 4, 2020
Did u send other documents that they asked or u did ur medicals and send them all same time?
I did the medical first and then I send all the documents they ask for by the time I gathered all that they ask for, the medical was sent to them. I send document 14 of November they receive the medical 16 of November 2020. The medical took 2weeks for them to receive the results

Blessedmamat

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
My application is now is process guys

my updated timeline is

We've received your application for permanent residence on March 12,2019.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 12,2019.

We started processing your application on October 8, 2020
Have you received your AIP yet ? Any updates?

Fréijoer Léiw

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Hi - Sorry to hear about your refusal.

In order to be successful in an application you made under 25.1 of the IRPA, you need to demonstrate the following:
a. You must have solid ties to Canada
b. You must be integrated into the Canadian society
c. Chances are higher if your children are Canadian
d. You talked about your abuse at the hands of your former employer - any reports citing that?
e. Another member talked about failed sponsorship - if there's deception in those applications then that might have carried a significant weight. Again, you need to get a lawyer and explain your entire situation in full so your lawyer can provide you with a workable solution and/or recommendation.

Best of luck to you!
Chances are higher if the child is foreign .... that's what many lawyers told me because i have a canadian child 3 years and foreign child 14 years, they told me that canadian one he have all rights in Canada he can stay in canada if the parents will return back but foreign maybe he can not have the same quality of life in another country than canada and probabely he can not return back so they will give to his interest in Canada a great importance and that's very logic i think, also if the canadian child was born in canada and their parents hax visitor status when he was born, that's can have a bad impact because its's a tourist birth , this is not a general rule because it all depends on the agent but unfortunately it can happen, and i hop not because we came before 3 years to canada and we gave birth and after that we return back to our home and before many months we came to canada again

Last edited: