+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Samboxer

Star Member
Jan 12, 2022
There is a 12-month bar from negative refugee decision before you can apply for PRRA. But your officer may be considerate and put you on regular reporting or give administrative deferral until you are eligible for new HC. Just go to interview with all documents, remain calm and cooperative. It's all in CBSA hands now. Good luck
Should I go that interview alone or should I hire a lawyer?

Samboxer

Star Member
Jan 12, 2022
I have been called for an interview by cbsa next month I am subject to removal and a failed refugee . Should I go to that interview alone or should I hire a lawyer first ??????? Please if anyone can guide me thanks

Reactions: Homelonely

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Should I go that interview alone or should I hire a lawyer?
You need to retain a lawyer if you plan to request administrative deferral, as it needs to come from lawyer, but he does not need to accompany you. From my personal experience, you have a better chance of impressing CBSA and getting compassion from them if you come alone or with family/friend than lawyer as some agents may feel intimidated. But this is your personal decision - trust your gut on this.

Reactions: bella12

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
I have been called for an interview by cbsa next month I am subject to removal and a failed refugee . Should I go to that interview alone or should I hire a lawyer first ??????? Please if anyone can guide me thanks
I would personally say go alone. As I had a interview with them and I went alone too .

Muhammadtigerb

Star Member
Apr 14, 2022
Senior members need help my friend application Got refused and he submitted his reconsideration after two months, he also submitted for judicial review, I heard from some people that reconsideration timeline is 30 days is it true ? Also I heard officer will hold is reconsideration application because he went for judicial review is it true ? Please answer this question.

Muhammadtigerb

Star Member
Apr 14, 2022
You need to retain a lawyer if you plan to request administrative deferral, as it needs to come from lawyer, but he does not need to accompany you. From my personal experience, you have a better chance of impressing CBSA and getting compassion from them if you come alone or with family/friend than lawyer as some agents may feel intimidated. But this is your personal decision - trust your gut on this.
Hi Katayoon is it a good idea to send your reconsideration by post ? My friend send his reconsideration by post to Vancouver, also he send his reconsideration after 2 months , he also applied for judicial review.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Katayoon is it a good idea to send your reconsideration by post ? My friend send his reconsideration by post to Vancouver, also he send his reconsideration after 2 months , he also applied for judicial review.
I personally never use post unless it is the only option offered. It adds unnecessary delays before it reaches your officer.

Reactions: Swagzzy