+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

guys give me airport tips..

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
this is interesting :) i dont remember properly as its been 1.5 years i been to canada but still can help... :)

My flight was of 0210 from mumbai. Went in at around 2315. got my luggage scanned, got boarding pass of all 3 flights (connecting from mumbai>frankfurt>calgary). submitted my luggage. girl weighed my cargo bag but not cabin bag. checked in thru security when plane status changed to security. was asked to remove my belt and everything else in my pockets and watch too. put em in a tray and my cabin bag and tray got scanned. was cleared. stamped tag attached to my cabin bag. IMP: get tags for all your cabin bags, like 1 cabin bag, laptop bag, handbag (in case of girls) and get em all stamped at security check in.

i think then i had to get my passport stamped.. dont remember much.

then went to kfc, had a large burger and then got cig pack from dutyfree (200 cigs and 2 bottles of alcohol are only allowed per person)

passed my time here and there. got on plane by 0130. took off. after reaching cruising altitude had 3-4 glasses of red wine, some snacks, closed window lids and went to sleep for like 4-5 hrs.. woke up had tea breakfast and it was so damn sunny outside.. all lids were closed all the time as sun was very strong...

landed in frankfurt, germany.. had a coffee, used that 2nd boarding pass to board on 2nd flight to calgary, again after reaching cruising altitude had 3-4 glasses of wine, watched movies on plane.. landed in calgary, went thru immigration, was asked whats in the bag, where will u stay, purpose of visit, etc etc.. at this immigration stage u will get back all ur luggage. so after immigration u have to submit ur luggage again to ur flight operator. after doing that went to star bucks, had a coffee and realized i was seeing indian time and canada was 30 mins ahead of me, flight was of 1330 canada time, it was 1230 in my watch when i went for coffee and actually in canada it was 1300 at that time :p was freaked out, threw my coffee in bin and ran to my gate. 45 mins flight to edmonton from calgary. landed in calgary. bro was waiting for me. then went to an indian restaurant and had awesome butter chicken :D

then went to apple store and bought macbook pro and iphone 4 :DD then went home.

remember when i opened lid of plane window and saw sunny.. from that moment till 2230 canada time it was sunny as it was summer :p

PS: greet every1 with a smile like good morning, afternoon, how r u, and at the end have a nice day, pleasant day... specially at immigration :p

irresistant

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi bro
i have attached my original medical with application file and now i donot have any copy of medical.... only have med fees bills... did they ask about medical on airport.. is there any problem if i donot have my medical report... please tell me

aman khinda

Jul 29, 2012
kapurthala,punjab,india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irresistant said:
hi bro
i have attached my original medical with application file and now i donot have any copy of medical.... only have med fees bills... did they ask about medical on airport.. is there any problem if i donot have my medical report... please tell me
no need of it..will check offer letter,passport,loa,academics etc..no need of medical..so just chill.. :p

aman khinda

Jul 29, 2012
kapurthala,punjab,india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinitmenon said:
this is interesting :) i dont remember properly as its been 1.5 years i been to canada but still can help... :)

My flight was of 0210 from mumbai. Went in at around 2315. got my luggage scanned, got boarding pass of all 3 flights (connecting from mumbai>frankfurt>calgary). submitted my luggage. girl weighed my cargo bag but not cabin bag. checked in thru security when plane status changed to security. was asked to remove my belt and everything else in my pockets and watch too. put em in a tray and my cabin bag and tray got scanned. was cleared. stamped tag attached to my cabin bag. IMP: get tags for all your cabin bags, like 1 cabin bag, laptop bag, handbag (in case of girls) and get em all stamped at security check in.

then went to kfc, had a large burger and then got cig pack from dutyfree (200 cigs and 2 bottles of alcohol are only allowed per person)

passed my time here and there. got on plane by 0130. took off. after reaching cruising altitude had 3-4 glasses of red wine, some snacks, closed window lids and went to sleep for like 4-5 hrs.. woke up had tea breakfast and it was so damn sunny outside.. all lids were closed all the time as sun was very strong...

landed in frankfurt, germany.. had a coffee, used that 2nd boarding pass to board on 2nd flight to calgary, again after reaching cruising altitude had 3-4 glasses of wine, watched movies on plane.. landed in calgary, went thru immigration, was asked whats in the bag, where will u stay, purpose of visit, etc etc.. at this immigration stage u will get back all ur luggage. so after immigration u have to submit ur luggage again to ur flight operator. after doing that went to star bucks, had a coffee and realized i was seeing indian time and canada was 30 mins ahead of me, flight was of 1330 canada time, it was 1230 in my watch when i went for coffee and actually in canada it was 1300 at that time :p was freaked out, threw my coffee in bin and ran to my gate. 45 mins flight to edmonton from calgary. landed in calgary. bro was waiting for me. then went to an indian restaurant and had awesome butter chicken :D

then went to apple store and bought macbook pro and iphone 4 :DD then went home.

remember when i opened lid of plane window and saw sunny.. from that moment till 2230 canada time it was sunny as it was summer :p

PS: greet every1 with a smile like good morning, afternoon, how r u, and at the end have a nice day, pleasant day... specially at immigration :p
wooooow thanks brother..it was nice..

luckymain

Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2012
IELTS Request
L,W,R-5.5 S-7 overall 6.0
File Transfer...
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-12
LANDED..........
28-12-2012
aman khinda said:
22 g haje kiti ni freind de visa di udeek karda pia..send me request on amankhinda22 @ gmail.com..
what is loa...?

luckymain

Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2012
IELTS Request
L,W,R-5.5 S-7 overall 6.0
File Transfer...
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-12
LANDED..........
28-12-2012
aman khinda said:
its letter of acceptance..:)
means offer letter from college??

sue_in

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
15-09-2012 (Band 8 )
File Transfer...
03-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2012
vinitmenon said:

spoken like a true Punjabi :p