+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got ur gic certificate or not??

keya shah

Jul 17, 2013
lucky_always24 said:
Applied on 19 June
Got Details on 3rd July
Transferred Money on 5th july

Waiting for GIC certificate , Never know it would take that much long time . First GIC and then Strike both makes me feel so worried. Hope to get it by today.
I too applied on 19th june.. But I still havent got my account details :(

RamGenius

Star Member
Jun 29, 2013
keya shah said:
I too applied on 19th june.. But I still havent got my account details :(
Hey keya you should put follow up mails to newaccount@scotiabank.com because 27th june applicant have got their details

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
I have transferred money for GIC on 9th July but haven't got the GIC certificate till now...?Can anybody help me Please regarding this...?

SaiSivaRam

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
sameerverma said:
I have transferred money for GIC on 9th July but haven't got the GIC certificate till now...?Can anybody help me Please regarding this...?
Hello Sameerverma,

Looks like you are having hard time getting GIC - sorry to hear about that - infact i am in the same boat, but in a much worse situation .... i applied ofr GIC (very lately) and its been only 10 days (not a long wait compared to others who waited for more than 20 days), however, after reviewing several cases on the forum,, i understood that i cannot expect the whole process to finish (getting the final GIC) before first week of August.

Under these circumstances, i am thinking the following:

I got a bank loan for CDN $30K and currently have CDN$ 11,000 cash in my bank account, also a sponsorship note from my parents attached with a Chartered Accountant statement showing the evalaution of their assets. So i am thinking of submitting my visa application using these financial documents, along with a cover letter explaining the current "unexpectedly extraordinary" delay with GIC attaching my GIC application.

Whats your opinion on this? i dont want to wait until August kicks in, because on VFS website its clearly mentioned that its very unlikely to get approval of visa applications received after August 1st. On the other hand Scotia Bank mentioned that last date for funds transfer is July 26th... its very unlikely to have my GIC account before that date.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

pradeep332

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
canada
App. Filed.......
22/07/2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
23/07/2013
Med's Request
pre Med
Med's Done....
25/06/2013
VISA ISSUED...
02/08/2013
LANDED..........
26/08/2013
sameerverma said:
Bro me to same, i paid on 9th ...and this is 7working day.. those people are nuts ... its almost similar, 10 days for account details and 7-8-9-10 days for GIC Certificate ...

not only GIC ,,,,,visa strike is added problem again ... to get delay.

people are facing problem since a month or two but they dont even look to reform and solve the problem ...

*censored word* man!!! it really sucked....

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
SaiSivaRam said:
Hello Sameerverma,

Looks like you are having hard time getting GIC - sorry to hear about that - infact i am in the same boat, but in a much worse situation .... i applied ofr GIC (very lately) and its been only 10 days (not a long wait compared to others who waited for more than 20 days), however, after reviewing several cases on the forum,, i understood that i cannot expect the whole process to finish (getting the final GIC) before first week of August.

Under these circumstances, i am thinking the following:

I got a bank loan for CDN $30K and currently have CDN$ 11,000 cash in my bank account, also a sponsorship note from my parents attached with a Chartered Accountant statement showing the evalaution of their assets. So i am thinking of submitting my visa application using these financial documents, along with a cover letter explaining the current "unexpectedly extraordinary" delay with GIC attaching my GIC application.

Whats your opinion on this? i dont want to wait until August kicks in, because on VFS website its clearly mentioned that its very unlikely to get approval of visa applications received after August 1st. On the other hand Scotia Bank mentioned that last date for funds transfer is July 26th... its very unlikely to have my GIC account before that date.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Hello bro,

It depends in which category u are filing ur visa.....Like if u have got admission offer from some university then u can go with the financial documents that u have mentioned instead of waiting for so long But if u are applying under SPP lets say if u have got admission from college then u have no option apart from GIC......

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
pradeep332 said:
Bro me to same, i paid on 9th ...and this is 7working day.. those people are nuts ... its almost similar, 10 days for account details and 7-8-9-10 days for GIC Certificate ...

not only GIC ,,,,,visa strike is added problem again ... to get delay.

people are facing problem since a month or two but they dont even look to reform and solve the problem ...

*censored word* man!!! it really sucked....

yeah man u are exactly right.....infact its 8th working day....I have also call them and send them email with the wire transfer receipt but all in vain.....

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
The one thing all the GIC - troubled ppl. can do is that they can send email to CHC explaining the situation and ask for possible solution for applying ,
like using wire-transfer receipt those who have received the GIC account number or showing them 10,000 CAD $ in bank account.

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
siddhesh398 said:
The one thing all the GIC - troubled ppl. can do is that they can send email to CHC explaining the situation and ask for possible solution for applying ,
like using wire-transfer receipt those who have received the GIC account number or showing them 10,000 CAD $ in bank account.
But i dont think they will do this...

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
sameerverma said:
But i dont think they will do this...
But , if every one sends the mail stating the problem , then it might be possilbe my friend.

There is solution/alternative for every problem.

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
siddhesh398 said:
But , if every one sends the mail stating the problem , then it might be possilbe my friend.

There is solution/alternative for every problem.
Lets do then....Because deadlines are near

PARIKSHAT

Jul 24, 2013
raghu45678 said:
i have done the wiretransfer on 16th july and have mailed them the swift report receipt....
please tell in how many days will i receive the gic certificate?????

thanku in advance

BRO have u got ur GIC certificate ? i had transferred money on 15th july , but till now i haven't received my GIC certificate ? and brother can you tell me that , is it mandatory to transfer money from the same account name which GIC have . i had transferred money from my brother account , will it be a issue ... please help guys ... urgent !!! :(