+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got rejected - re-applying and need to prove 1 year work experience

soh3il

Jun 11, 2012
My application for CEC has been rejected because the officer has not been satisfied that I have worked 1 year full-time.

Although I provided a letter of employment but my application had lack of T4 and notice of assessment. so I believe failing to provide these 2 documents failed to prove that I have been really working, although that my letter of employment had all the required details (salary / hours / start date)

I thought only having a letter of employment would be enough but the result in rejection shows I was wrong. I would have expected they ask me to submit those documents if they are required since they send the application back if something is missing & don't process your application. but they rejected me.

Now I have obtain a T4 for the year 2011, but it only shows 7K of income. (I agreed to work for that amount at the beginning which starts May 2011, but back to normal salary since March 2012 ($60K a year )

I gained my 1 year of experience on May 2012. since I have been once rejected, this time that I am re-applying, I need to provide strong evidence that I work 1 year full time, and also want to showcase my income in 2012 which is more than last year.

I'm afraid If I apply with my 2011 T4, which is the most recent one I have, they come to the same conclusion and reject me since the amount of income of my 2011 T4 is only $7K (but at least this time I am providing a T4). I don't want only to rely on the letter of employment since it didn't convince them last time and they didn't bother to call my employer too.

Can I ask my employer to provide me T4 for 2012? or Do I have to wait of the end of the year?
How can I make sure I would not get rejected this time?

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
soh3il said:
My application for CEC has been rejected because the officer has not been satisfied that I have worked 1 year full-time.

Although I provided a letter of employment but my application had lack of T4 and notice of assessment. so I believe failing to provide these 2 documents failed to prove that I have been really working, although that my letter of employment had all the required details (salary / hours / start date)

I thought only having a letter of employment would be enough but the result in rejection shows I was wrong. I would have expected they ask me to submit those documents if they are required since they send the application back if something is missing & don't process your application. but they rejected me.

Now I have obtain a T4 for the year 2011, but it only shows 7K of income. (I agreed to work for that amount at the beginning which starts May 2011, but back to normal salary since March 2012 ($60K a year )

I gained my 1 year of experience on May 2012. since I have been once rejected, this time that I am re-applying, I need to provide strong evidence that I work 1 year full time, and also want to showcase my income in 2012 which is more than last year.

I'm afraid If I apply with my 2011 T4, which is the most recent one I have, they come to the same conclusion and reject me since the amount of income of my 2011 T4 is only $7K (but at least this time I am providing a T4). I don't want only to rely on the letter of employment since it didn't convince them last time and they didn't bother to call my employer too.

Can I ask my employer to provide me T4 for 2012? or Do I have to wait of the end of the year?
sorry about ur rejection. which office issued ur rejection letter? sydney or cpp-o??? and how long did it took to get the rejection after u applied??? did they charge ur credit card before rejecting?? did ur employment letter stated all the details(main duties, hours worked per week, ur position, annual salary, hourly rate, etc) ? 2011 t4 and noa is good to reapply with because they are the most recent. I will suggest u add all ur paystubs too as supporting documents.VO will use them to calculate ur hours when in doubt. ur employment letter will state how much u have earn so far for 2012 and ur paystubs will prove it. There is no t4 for 2012 yet . Try to make sure that all ur hours and other documents are complete before u submit and everything will turn out good. All the best

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
soh3il said:

More details are required - hours worked per week, job duties... Refer to the document checklist to ensure that your new letter of reference has all the required details.

The letter of reference should include all relevant details about your compensation. You mentioned in earlier posts that you had an agreement about "equity" in lieu of salary, was that agreement explained in the letter? If not, it should be (along with a copy of your contract - this is not normally required, but since your case is unusual, I would strongly recommend it).

It is the applicant's responsibility to submit a complete application. CIC might request additional documents, but they are only required to evaluate the evidence provided.

You can't get a T4 for 2012 until early 2013. But you would still need to prove somehow that 2012 salary was for 2011-12 work experience.

There are no guarantees that it won't get rejected again. CEC is not designed for non-standard employment. As before, I recommend you look into the provincial nominee program instead.