+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got One year of graduate study credentials changed on WES revalidation \o/

Caspper

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, just to let you know that I finally managed to have WES to re-validate my credentials.

They first assessed my Post Graduation as "One year of graduate study" that wasn't giving me any extra points, after the revalidation they changed my credentials to Post Graduate Certificate (one year), now I can claim points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees since I also have a 3 years diploma.

vijaysg

May 8, 2015
Hi All,

I have a similar problem. I have a 4 year bachelor degree and 1 year post graduate diploma both in India. WES assessment was 4 year bachelor equivalent for my bachelor degree and 1 year executive diploma for my diploma.

Now in the EE profile there are two separate entries for these educational qualifications. Not indicating 'Two of more degree / diploma, one of which is more than 3 years" is giving me 25 points less.

Should I specifiy 'Two of more degree / diploma, one of which is more than 3 years" in both the ECA section of both the educational qualifications?

Thanks in advance for help.

Caspper

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vijaysg said:
Hi All,

I have a similar problem. I have a 4 year bachelor degree and 1 year post graduate diploma both in India. WES assessment was 4 year bachelor equivalent for my bachelor degree and 1 year executive diploma for my diploma.

Now in the EE profile there are two separate entries for these educational qualifications. Not indicating 'Two of more degree / diploma, one of which is more than 3 years" is giving me 25 points less.

Should I specifiy 'Two of more degree / diploma, one of which is more than 3 years" in both the ECA section of both the educational qualifications?

Thanks in advance for help.
Exactly Vijay, you have to choose the option two or more diplomas to claim the right points because CIC system does not do that automatic. I did here and my score was updated.

ajanoni

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Sao Paulo - SP
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016
Nomination.....
08-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-03-2016
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
19-04-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2016
I had my graduate study revised too. Now I am in the game again.
But I am facing another problem now.
I pulled out my active profile because I changed my studies to only a degree and became ineligible. Then, after I had my WES report revised, I came back to mycic and I created another profile. But now I have my jobbank account linked to my old profile, which is no more eligible.

mojo

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 24th
Nomination.....
March27th
AOR Received.
April 25th
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
Hello Everyone ,
This is my time line :
ITA received March 27th ( FSW Program - I am working in canada for 10 months )
Medical Done March 30
Application Submitted April 23rd
AOR received April 23rd

- No updates

I have one worry ,
I have finished a Master Degree from Canada , my program officially is 2 years ( 4 semesters ) but I have finished in 3 full time semesters.

I have one worry which is in the EE profile they ask you if you have studied for two years , I replied yes because my program is a 2 years program.

In addition, when they ask you to enter the details of your education I wan't able to enter 1.5 as the duration of my studies.

Is anyone passing the same situation ? Does anyone know if this might be considered as a misrepresentation ?
Note: I was Invited to apply to FSWP so I didn't receive any points for the duration of the Master degree, I was awarded points for the degree it self.

Thanks for the help.

vijaysg

May 8, 2015
Caspper said:
Exactly Vijay, you have to choose the option two or more diplomas to claim the right points because CIC system does not do that automatic. I did here and my score was updated.
Thanks a lot. I did the same and score is updated but now I am worried about the Misrepresentation aspect :(

Faithope

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Could you please tell me what is the procedure for re-evaluation of the degree. I have done M.A. and as per WES it is ' One year of graduate study'. Can anything be done? It would be a great help.

Thanks,

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your second credentials should have been recognized by WES as from a recognized institution. Only then you can treat it as "two or more post-secondary diploma, certificate or degree....."

Please don't assume anything on your own in the euphoria of getting extra points. Yes, this may result in misrepresentation.

mojo

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 24th
Nomination.....
March27th
AOR Received.
April 25th
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
I have this question :

I graduated my bachelor degree in 2012 ( Mechanical Engineer ) - but I started working in 2011 .

When they asked me in the PR application : when was I qualified to perform this job , I mentioned 2012 .

do you think they are going to disqualify me , or reject my work experience till I received my Bachelor degree ?

I am supporting my experience with social contribution slips to the government and Reference letter , and boss business card ,

BTW , do they contact your employer ? , do they notify them earlier to doing so ? so that they are able to respond to their phone call ?

-----------
EE profile :27th oof March
ITA : 27th of March
Application Submitted : 24th of April
AOR : 24th of March
No update
No ECAS

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mojo said:
I have this question :

I graduated my bachelor degree in 2012 ( Mechanical Engineer ) - but I started working in 2011 .

When they asked me in the PR application : when was I qualified to perform this job , I mentioned 2012 .

do you think they are going to disqualify me , or reject my work experience till I received my Bachelor degree ?

I am supporting my experience with social contribution slips to the government and Reference letter , and boss business card ,

BTW , do they contact your employer ? , do they notify them earlier to doing so ? so that they are able to respond to their phone call ?

-----------
EE profile :27th oof March
ITA : 27th of March
Application Submitted : 24th of April
AOR : 24th of March
No update
No ECAS
I am not sure how will CIC take up your case, as you have mentioned your date of qualification to perform a job post your start of work. This is absurd, as generally your degree or certificate entitles you to start your work and always it's the qualifications and then work.

I hope you get it.

Faithope

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your second credentials should have been recognized by WES as from a recognized institution. Only then you can treat it as "two or more post-secondary diploma, certificate or degree....."

Please don't assume anything on your own in the euphoria of getting extra points. Yes, this may result in misrepresentation.

Hi Nirav,

Yes it is from a recognized university and a regular Master of Arts (2 years). It would be a great favor if you could please tell me the procedure for re-evaluation. The best way to contact WES and is there a form or a link available where we can apply for re-evaluation? Also what would be the fees?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Caspper

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Faithope said:
Hi,

Could you please tell me what is the procedure for re-evaluation of the degree. I have done M.A. and as per WES it is ' One year of graduate study'. Can anything be done? It would be a great help.

Thanks,
there isn't any fee and neither a formal procedure, I've just sent them a msg and got an answer in two weeks.

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Caspper said:
Hey guys, just to let you know that I finally managed to have WES to re-validate my credentials.

They first assessed my Post Graduation as "One year of graduate study" that wasn't giving me any extra points, after the revalidation they changed my credentials to Post Graduate Certificate (one year), now I can claim points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees since I also have a 3 years diploma.
Hi,

Can you please share your bachelors and masters degree names? Did they accept two or more degrees option for your application?

Thanks

Caspper

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oasis.gc1 said:
Hi,

Can you please share your bachelors and masters degree names? Did they accept two or more degrees option for your application?

Thanks
Hi, here are the full details from WES

1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Título de Tecnólogo
(Title of Technologist)
Year: 2010
Awarded by: Technological Federal University of Paraná
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Digital Communication Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Diploma (three years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Certificado do Curso de Pós-Graduação
(Post-Graduate Program Certificate)
Year: 2013
Awarded by: Pontifical Catholic University of Paraná
Major/Specialization: Engineering Project Management
Canadian Equivalency: Post-graduate certificate (one year)

Reactions: rajdevops

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Caspper said:
Hi, here are the full details from WES

1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Título de Tecnólogo
(Title of Technologist)
Year: 2010
Awarded by: Technological Federal University of Paraná
Major/Specialization: Digital Communication Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Diploma (three years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Certificado do Curso de Pós-Graduação
(Post-Graduate Program Certificate)
Year: 2013
Awarded by: Pontifical Catholic University of Paraná
Major/Specialization: Engineering Project Management
Canadian Equivalency: Post-graduate certificate (one year)

Thanks buddy.

- Did you study your bachelors for 4 years?
- Did CIC grant you additional points once you changed second degree to post graduate certificate?

Thanks