+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got newly married and want a solution to sponsor my wife

tazlim

Jan 7, 2013
I got my PR in Feb and got back to Bangladesh on May and got married in August. I left my job as I wanted to go back to BC by next Feb. My wife has relatives in BC.My questions are:
1. Can I apply for my wife while I am still in Bangladesh.
2. If not can she apply for a tourist visa and then once she's there can I apply for visa extension as well as spouse visa from there?
3. Should I go back to Canada and then apply from there?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
tazlim said:
I got my PR in Feb and got back to Bangladesh on May and got married in August. I left my job as I wanted to go back to BC by next Feb. My wife has relatives in BC.My questions are:
1. Can I apply for my wife while I am still in Bangladesh.
2. If not can she apply for a tourist visa and then once she's there can I apply for visa extension as well as spouse visa from there?
3. Should I go back to Canada and then apply from there?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
1. No
2. 1st apply for Spouse sponsorship and after getting AOR your wife apply for TRV.
3. Yes, that is the only option to sponsor as PR

tazlim

Jan 7, 2013
Thank you. By the way what is AOR? And one more question: can she apply for tourist visa for Canada?As mentioned earlier her aunt who lives in BC can sponsor her tourist visa. In that case IF she gets a visa we can travel together. Or will they refuse her tourist visa since I have PR and immigration officer might think she won't return. TIA

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
AOR= Acknowledgment of Receipt
You get it when you are qualify the sponsorship approval and now your case s ready for further processing.

As per my info there are 2 ways to sponsor:

1. Inland
2. Outland

Both have advantages and disadvantages, an expert can guide you better in this regard that what is suitable to you and your wife if she get TRV.

pujaberry

Nov 11, 2014
My experience

Outland Sponsorship is faster than the Inland

I applied for Sponsorship while in Canada in Aug 26th 2014 for my partner who resides in Australia and he received his PR in November 2014 ; that is in 3 months.

I had applied on my own and had not taken the services of a lawyer. The process is simple and if anyone needs advice, I am more than happy to assist.

Cheers!!!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
tazlim said:
Thank you. By the way what is AOR? And one more question: can she apply for tourist visa for Canada?As mentioned earlier her aunt who lives in BC can sponsor her tourist visa. In that case IF she gets a visa we can travel together. Or will they refuse her tourist visa since I have PR and immigration officer might think she won't return. TIA
She can apply for visitor visa. She will need to show proof of strong ties to her home country. like job, lease agreement, etc. CIC needs to be convinced that she will return.