ali.ahmad2789

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,

I want to ask you a question related to conditional offer. I have been offered conditional admission for MBA program at Carleton University. The conditions are that I provide them with official transcript and official GMAT score sent directly from the testing body. I was offered admission on 19th of March, and I made the arrangements to send the documents on 21st of March. My transcript was reached to the university on 27th of March. I checked that from tracking number which my university provided me. But still the university has not updated the status. Today I called them and they said that the document has not reached to the admission officer yet.

On the other hand with GMAT, the story is quite different. The score report was sent on 24th of March and the university hasnt reached it yet. When I contacted them today they told me that they do not use the online system for GMAT which almost all university use. They only use mail system. And for GMAT report to reach a university in Canada by mail it takes almost 8 weeks.

The problem is that 8 weeks is a very long time. As I am from Pakistan, visa officer here in pak takes a lot of time to process my application. Also as I have lived in Malaysia for 3 years, I obtained police Clarence certificate from there on 1st of Feb and as the Canadian high Commission require PCC which is not issued more than 3 months prior to visa application. And my PCC will expire by the time I apply for visa.

I want to ask if I can apply for my study permit on conditional offer. I already have original transcript and GMAT score with me. I will send all these documents to show that I can easily meet the conditions of the conditional offer.

Senior members please advice

Thanks & Regards,

Syed Ali Ahmad