+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my visa in 3 days!!

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
I showed Fee receipt,GIC,bank statements,FDs and my dad's GPF.
If you are showing funds of your uncle then you need to show an affidavit of spinsorship stating that your uncle will provide you the funds.

callme2shy

Star Member
May 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
LANDED..........
already several times in dreams
lovedeepsingh said:
Any one heading to ottawa?
I intent to head to Ottawa :) ... congrats on your visa..
What is your program and what duration of visa have you got???

callme2shy

Star Member
May 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
LANDED..........
callme2shy said:
I intent to head to Ottawa :) ... congrats on your visa..
What is your program and what duration of visa have you got???
ok I see your M.Eng program from your profile. Duration question is still valid :)

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
callme2shy said:
ok I see your M.Eng program from your profile. Duration question is still valid :)
Talking about duration..my course will be over by sept2016 so according to this i should have got visa till dec2016 BUT my passport will expire on 17 sept 2016.So i got visa till 30 august 2016 from 5 june 2014.

callme2shy

Star Member
May 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
LANDED..........
lovedeepsingh said:
Which course? Uni or college? got LOA?
PhD program in Carleton uni for Fall 2014. Got LOA. Working on Visa. Can you message me your number to link up future details and info sharing?

Willyoldfox

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-07-2016
Med's Request
Pre-medical
Interview........
N.A.
lovedeepsingh said:
Talking about duration..my course will be over by sept2016 so according to this i should have got visa till dec2016 BUT my passport will expire on 17 sept 2016.So i got visa till 30 august 2016 from 5 june 2014.
Hey Lovedeep!

I got an email from CHC that my study permit has been approved and is valid upto 30th August 2016.

There is no update on VFS website though.
Any idea when will it get updated on VFS's website? Also, how long does it take for CHC to transfer the passport to VFS Office?
One more query, there is no mention of the date after which the study permit will come into effect. Will that be mentioned on the Entry visa stamp on my passport?

Willyoldfox

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Willyoldfox said:
Hey Lovedeep!

I got an email from CHC that my study permit has been approved and is valid upto 30th August 2016.

There is no update on VFS website though.
Any idea when will it get updated on VFS's website? Also, how long does it take for CHC to transfer the passport to VFS Office?
One more query, there is no mention of the date after which the study permit will come into effect. Will that be mentioned on the Entry visa stamp on my passport?

Willyoldfox
Hey mate congrats!
They will not update the vfs status.
It depends on the distance between your vfs office an CHC as my home is just 3 hours away from Chandigarh embassy i got my passport after 24 hours.This is your visa and i guess it will start from next month and you(we) will get SP at Canadian Airport.
btw which uni?

Willyoldfox

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-07-2016
Med's Request
Pre-medical
Interview........
N.A.
lovedeepsingh said:
Hey mate congrats!
They will not update the vfs status.
It depends on the distance between your vfs office an CHC as my home is just 3 hours away from Chandigarh embassy i got my passport after 24 hours.This is your visa and i guess it will start from next month and you(we) will get SP at Canadian Airport.
btw which uni?
Thanks for the info. I told you about my university (Concordia) on the other thread.
I see you are going to UoOttawa, I got an admit for Masters in Engineering Management there but chose Concordia instead.

lovedeepsingh

Oct 15, 2013
Willyoldfox said:
Thanks for the info. I told you about my university (Concordia) on the other thread.
I see you are going to UoOttawa, I got an admit for Masters in Engineering Management there but chose Concordia instead.
Okay.All the best.
Party hard!