+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my visa..but need some info plzz help....

sidsnads

Jul 7, 2012
I got my visa yesterday but I want to defer this semester and go in december for jan semester...somebody told me if u get visa u have to go u can't defer a semester before joining..if I do so my visa will be invalid and i will have to apply again for visa..is this true? If not what is the procedure to defer a semester...whoever knows plzz let me know

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
sidsnads said:
I got my visa yesterday but I want to defer this semester and go in december for jan semester...somebody told me if u get visa u have to go u can't defer a semester before joining..if I do so my visa will be invalid and i will have to apply again for visa..is this true? If not what is the procedure to defer a semester...whoever knows plzz let me know
Congratulations , u only need to enter Canada before the expiry date of visa, no need to re apply for visa...Ask the college / university to defer ur admission to the next semester and mail u the new LOA...

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
sidsnads said:
Whoever told you this doesn't know what he is talking about. The information that you have been provided is not true.

As you are advised by the other member, ask your university for deferral and get the updated LOA. Enter Canada before the start of your semester with the required documents such as LOI, Updated LOA, Valid Visa and Passport, proof of funds etc.

sidsnads

Jul 7, 2012
Thank you all ...I'm relieved now...@inam is it mandatory to carry proof of funds?I showed only educational loan of 18lakhs against fd..so can I carry a copy of loan letter or original is required...also can I show any other source that I have not mentioned during visa application?

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
sidsnads said:
You would have obviously received a letter of acceptance, the person who issued you the letter (who signed it) you need to email him/her to defer your admission to the following semester. Better if you first confirm with the university.There might be a fee of $20-30 involved for deferral.

Btw congrats on getting your visa :)

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
sidsnads said:
Thank you all ...I'm relieved now... @ inam is it mandatory to carry proof of funds?I showed only educational loan of 18lakhs against fd..so can I carry a copy of loan letter or original is required...also can I show any other source that I have not mentioned during visa application?
1. yes, photocopy works
2. It should not be a problem if you show a different source.