+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Give divorce while sponsorship still in process (Pakistan)

Zabi_Saleem

Aug 11, 2011
Hi,

I got married last June(2011) and I have already applied for my wife sponsorship on Sep 2011. Her file is also transferred to Pakistan as well.
But SADLY, because of long immigration process, and other conflicts my wife want divorce from me. Therefore, I am seeking for any help how to give divorce to a wife when she is in pakistan.

And so far, I haven't changed my martial status in Canada from single to married. I was planning to change while doing my tax next week, but now there is no point in it.

Anyway, my questions are , how to give divorce in pakistan and do I needed to be there ?
and Do I have to do something here in Canada ( since my martial status is still single on my health,drivers,tax, revenue agency) ?
and and, how to I let immigration know about the divorce and ask them to stop the sponsorship process in Pakistan?

Thank you for your time,

Best for all ya'!

lonelyinca

Mar 21, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
+July 2011
Doc's Request.
+++June 2012
File Transfer...
++Sept 2011
Med's Request
+++June 2012
Med's Done....
++++July 2012
Passport Req..
+++++Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
++++++Dec 2012
Im sorry to hear this bro, I don't have any information for you, here's a bump so people can see this thread.

Good luck.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
Feel sorry about your situation.

First of all, since your status would change (it has not yet changed), send a letter to CIC Pakistan telling them that you want to withdraw the application. You may be entitled to a refund of the fees you have paid.

I am not aware of the process in Pakistan, but if your marriage was formally registered, your divorce must be registered too. For that you may have to be in Pakistan.

You do not have to do anything here in Canada regarding health card/drivers license etc.

SEVEN07

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
Caracas
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas-Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2011
AOR Received.
NOV 2011
File Transfer...
JAN 2012
Med's Done....
JUL 2011-JUL 2012
Passport Req..
NOV 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DEC 2012
Oh so bad to heard about that..but talk to your wife maybe both of u can change the Idea!!!I hope you can be together again..
take care xoxo

Sweetmine

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2010
Doc's Request.
15-08-2011, 25-11-2011, 22-03-2012
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-02-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
7-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2012
LANDED..........
28-06-2012
Sorry to hear that. You should contact your VO ASAP to inform them that you wish to withdraw your application.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Call CIC or visa office abroad to withdraw your application.
Maybe its just a misunderstanding, communication is very important in a relationship,i am sure if you both take time to solve the problem,you could save your marriage, Dont make quick decision when you are angry, just saying...ive been married for over 2yrs and living apart, and we are still strng and holding on each other, theres a lot of up and downs,but we want each others hapiness...goodluck

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
Zabi_Saleem said:
Hi,

I got married last June(2011) and I have already applied for my wife sponsorship on Sep 2011. Her file is also transferred to Pakistan as well.
But SADLY, because of long immigration process, and other conflicts my wife want divorce from me. Therefore, I am seeking for any help how to give divorce to a wife when she is in pakistan.

And so far, I haven't changed my martial status in Canada from single to married. I was planning to change while doing my tax next week, but now there is no point in it.

Anyway, my questions are , how to give divorce in pakistan and do I needed to be there ?
and Do I have to do something here in Canada ( since my martial status is still single on my health,drivers,tax, revenue agency) ?
and and, how to I let immigration know about the divorce and ask them to stop the sponsorship process in Pakistan?

Thank you for your time,

Best for all ya'!
Sorry to hear about your situation brother. My suggestion to you would be to re-think your decision. Talk to your wife about it, tell her that its not in your control that her Visa is being delayed. If anything provide her the link to the CIC website where the timeline is 26 months. As some other members suggested, take your time with your decision and don't rush into things. Sometimes its hard to have a long distance relationship as there could be a lot of misunderstandings due to the distance, miscommunication due to not reading each other completely and reading body language etc etc. Maybe things become different for both of you when she comes to Canada. Again, take your time thinking over it. Once you inform CHC-Islamabad that you want to withdraw your sponsorship request, there is no going back. They will not change their decision if both of you have a change of heart later, so take your time with it. Hope everything works out for both of you.

Zabi_Saleem

Aug 11, 2011
Hi,

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and care.
All I want to say, I seek advice from Allaha swt. to guide me so I can make the right decision. However, I know the fact my intentions were/are pure and my heart is clean, and I pray to Allaha swt., help me to do what is best for us.

in addition, I must say, lack of communication, misunderstanding, and trust issues WITH 26 months of waiting period have caused all this.

I wish all of you out there all the very best and remember talk to each other as often as possible. In reality 26 months are nothing, comparing to once she/he is here you will live with them forever happily. Inshallaha!

SEVEN07

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
Caracas
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas-Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2011
AOR Received.
NOV 2011
File Transfer...
JAN 2012
Med's Done....
JUL 2011-JUL 2012
Passport Req..
NOV 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DEC 2012
Yes In my country Venezuela the proccess can take 25 months and we have 3 years living so far from each other...Sometimes we are desperate,without faith,our communications bareers,sadness and impatient to have a family is so HARD...
My only request is to get info about the proccess CIC and Embassy dont offers info about the real status of applications....for that the proccess is a LIMBO and MISTERY....its inconceivable that due to BUROCRACY we must wait insane proccess time.

Yes thinking better about your decision,she must be tolerant and comprensive with you...This crap is not your fault and not her fault..so as a partner both can resist it..Good vibration and energies...Take care...

Ciao